Which Bass to chose...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by homercaholic, Aug 4, 2009.

1. I was out looking at basses today and came across 2 that I loved but I cant decide on which one to chose.

They are both MIA Fender basses, the first is a sunburst P with the S1 switch and comes with a hardshell case. It was on clearance for $960 (canadian). The second is a very nice used burst P/J for $1000. Im not sure what it came with as there was no tag, just a price sticker and I wasnt able to stick around long enough to find out anymore details on it. Im sure I can haggle the prices down a bit but both felt very nice and played quite smooth. The P/J comes with a thumb rest already installed as well. Did not hook any up to an amp so im going on acoustic.

Which one would you chose in my situation if you had to make it? Im still not done looking around but these are the 2 very clear front runners.

Also found a used modulus for 1400 but that might be a bit outside my budget...unless....:ninja:

2. progrmr

progrmr

Sep 3, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    I'd go with the P/J for sound flexibility - sounds freakin' sweet! When I buy an MIA it wll be the P/J.

3. PseudoSpaceman

PseudoSpaceman

Jul 5, 2009
    i would buy the p-bass, and where in canada is this?

4. 555Soul

555Soul

Jul 21, 2009
    Cleveland
    I personally favor the P/J pickup config but the P sunburst sounds pretty. Dont make any desicions until you play them both thru an amp. Maybe even take your rig up the the store and see what it sounds like thru your equipment, seeing as you are about to spend a thousand dollars either way.

5. Yea Im going to play them both through an amp before I make up my mind. I did like the PJ a bit more but i am far from certain that its the one for me, 1000 bucks is a big chunk of change for me.

The used market is kind of slim here so basses are freaking expensive compared to what I see some people getting MIAs for...theres a few more stores I have to visit first before im concrete on one.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021