1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which cabs for Gallien-Krueger MB150S-III?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by GhostBunnies, Mar 9, 2008.

1. GhostBunnies

GhostBunnies

Feb 16, 2008
    Hello,

I was hesitating between a couple of practice amps early, but finally I think I plan to buy a second-hand MB150S-III soon (I know I should decide at some point).

I was wondering which cabs you would recommend, knowing that I live in France and it seems hard to find a 112MBX.

Will it be a good idea playing through headphones until I get a nice cab?

I saw that there are a lot of people appreciating this head, so if you have any experience you would like to share with me on this, you're welcome!

=]

Thanks a lot for your help once again.

2. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    I have the MB 150S combo. It sounds very good through the internal 12" speaker. But it also sounds good through any good cabinet. I don't know what you have available in Finland, but any good, efficient 1x12 cabinet will work. Remember you only have 100 watts at 8 ohms and 150 at 4 ohms, so you should go for efficient cabinets if you need volume. 2 small 8 ohm 1x12 cabinets would be nice and easy to carry.

Edit--sorry. I don't know where I got that you were in Finland. I see you're in France, which even I know is a different country.

3. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    If it's the head you have, you can use it as a stand alone preamp with no speaker attached to it, so yes you can use it with head phones.

You can use that head with any cab you find and like the sound of. It's up to you to decide what sound you like. Any good reputable amp manufacturer will make a good quality cab. It gets down to what you want to use it for and what sound you prefer.