Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which Floor?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MikeBass, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Gimme some wood!!!! (Nino's)

41 vote(s)
    41.4%
  2. Like, wow man did the Dead use that carpet?? (Tom's)

46 vote(s)
    46.5%
  3. Where are the carrot's?!?!?!?

12 vote(s)
    12.1%
  1. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    If you had to pick one!!!!!!

Nino's wood floor:
    [​IMG]

Or Tom Bowlus's magic carpet:
    [​IMG]

2. Shame on you for staring at another mans wood!

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    The floors on my house look like the floors at Nino's house, so I vote for Mr. Valenti!

-Mike

4. Hmmmm,
    The hardwood looks better, but that rug. It's got some mojo. It's got the funk in a Bootsy meets the Brady's kind of way. ;)

Plus if I spilled beer or coffee on it, who would care? :D

If what you mean by "had to pick one" it would go in my house. It would be the hardwood.

This should be a poll.

5. MikeBass

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.

Umm.....it is. Look up!

6. Thanks. it's been Long day.

Me go vote now.

7. I'm a big fan of hard wood floors. It gives a nice open feel to the room.

That carpet's nuts though. I'd go for it.

8. What about some of the others? I can't think of whose of the top of my head, but I know there are some amazing floors out there. I think I remember liking Jean's.

My vote goes for Tom, 'cause that floor allows you to keep the funk while keeping the gunk off your bass.

9. I'm diggin on the rug. Undeniable mojo. Pretty, also.

10. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    I had to vote for Tom's carpet based on the purpose of the photos.

ANYTHING would look good when contrasting with that carpet.

Sometimes I like Nino's floor better than the color of the bass.:ninja:{but just the color!!!}

11. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    If you got rid of the CDs and replaced them with vinyl records in Tom's shot, I would swear its my grandparent's old rec room...except their carpet was the same color...but shag. It was pretty cool actually. Damn 70s with their multicolor freaky psychidelic things...

Anyway, I voted for Nino's floor.

12. If it were my house, definitley going with the Greatful Dead meets Rainbow Bass rug. If I was forced to share it with the signifigant other, wood. But just to be safe, I voted carrots.

13. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Ever wonder if Nino really lives at the Y and the wood floor is just the basketball court? :D

I'll have to go with Tom's magic carpet, because the carpet in my floridaroom matches it almost exactly (just far, far dirtier).

14. I voted for Nino's hardwood floor because I like the look.........but then again from a functionality perspective, if I were having sex on it I'd have to go with tombowlus' rug. :D

15. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I'm sure if Tom ever decides to have sex with you, he'll feel reassured that you're comfortable with the surroundings.

16. Haha! :D

If I had to pick one for my house, it would be hardwood. But that carpet has something going on!

Maybe I'd have two rooms so I could have both?

17. lbpark

lbpark Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Mobile, Al.
    I'd normally go with the wood floor, but that carpet is really something else. Looks like a rainbow had diarrhea. I love it.

18. MikeBass

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.

Wow, weird visual.

Thanks for ruining my night!!

19. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Floor's self titled album was their best, IMO. But they had a pretty respectable catalog all around. They are the perfect mix of grunge/doom/stoner.

Off topic: That carpet rules.

20. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    And mine! :eek::rollno:;):p