1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which Markbass combo?...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mtman1, Sep 25, 2010.

1. mtman1

mtman1

Aug 11, 2010
    I have looking into buying a new combo. I really like the Markbass stuff and I am trying to decide between the CMD 210p and the CMD 121p. Cost is a factor, but I am willing to spend extra to get the 210 if it's worth it. I think they both sound great IMO, so I guess my question is which one has a better for the music I play and the band I play with. I play mostly blues, ska and classic rock in a 5 piece with 2-3 guitars, drums (electric kit) and sometimes harmonica. Also is one more reliable than the other? Any input would be great. Thanks!

p.s. If I get 121p I might consider picking up a 121 ext. cab down the road.

2. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    I sat in GC with my bass and tried them all. I ended up getting the CMD 102P (210 combo). When compared side by side, the little 121P really didn't sound as good as the larger combo.

So, I was down b/w the 210 combo and the Jeff Berlin combo (which is really a great sounding combo) and went with the 210 over the Berlin b/c of the tilt-back.

djasterix likes this.
  3. IMO, I would not recommend any of the combo's that have the piezo tweeter. There is no attenuater (although the VLE works pretty well to control the tweeter), but there are quite a few reports of these little cheap tweeters failing.

There are a couple of MB combo's with the higher quality and better sounding compression tweeter (or whatever that is called)... (for example, the 121H) that would probably be pretty killer.

The MB heads are all killing, as are some of the combo's. However, that 'piezo tweeter with no attenuator' design is a strong negative to me.

IMO and IME.

4. GM60466

GM60466

May 20, 2006
    Land of Lakland
    210 in my opinion is the only one you should consider

5. JxBass

JxBass Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2008
    +1. I owned the 121P and 151P. Both are great (I really liked the 151P) but the piezo is their drawback. I wound up getting rid of them in favor of a cabinet with a nicer sounding tweeter.