1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which OC-2?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by lm183902, May 2, 2010.

1. lm183902

lm183902

Aug 19, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I'm ditching my OC-3 and looking for an OC-2, but in my search, I've noticed a pretty dramatic price difference between OC-2's.

I've noticed that some are made in Japan, whereas others are made in Taiwan. Is there any major difference between the circuit of the two that would drastically change tone? Is one that was made just before production stopped going to sound better or worse than on that was made in the 80's?

(Sorry if this is something that comes up frequently, but TB wouldn't let me search for "OC-2")

2. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
  3. CyberSnyder

CyberSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    I Endorse Alien Audio Basses
    The one I sold to Mr Pickles was a NOS that had to have been made just before production stopped. It was the best sounding out of the three that I've owned including a MIJ early model. I call dibs on Pickles OC-2 if he ever decides to sell it.

I have had much, much better tracking with my OC-3.

4. Internally there's no difference whatsoever between the light brown "Octaver" made in Japan and the Dark Brown "Octave" Made in taiwan, get an octave, and with the saved money buy a dunce hat for anyone who pays 3 times as much for a letter r

5. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    I LOLed.

6. IanAllison

IanAllison Supporting Member

May 27, 2006
    Minneapolis
    Yeah - but the extra 'r' looks great . . .