Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which one???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RandallFlagg, Jan 27, 2005.

1. RandallFlagg

RandallFlagg Guest

Aug 18, 2003
    Kansas City
    Here are my babies:

[​IMG]

Ahh...choices.....

2. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    What's the question? Which one to keep or which one would I want?

Both are beautiful but I'd probably go with the FMT Jazz if I had to pick just one.

3. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    What Dude said. Both very sweet.

4. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    I've always loved the look of a Ric but every time I get one (I've owned over a dozen) I just can't get used to the neck profile and I sell them.

I "want" to like them very much (especially that new Blueburst one at NAMM) but I just can't warm up to them once I get them.

5. RandallFlagg

RandallFlagg Guest

Aug 18, 2003
    Kansas City
    Actually, to be perfectly honest, I don't know what the hell the question is!?!?!? I just got the digital working and thought I would take a pic or two. I have been meaning to post a pic for a while and figured, "what the hell! Now's as good a time as any!"

Anyway, those are my babies. Not the high dollar stuff that a lot of you guys use, but they serve me well...

6. greg

greg

Jun 1, 2004
    Austin,Tx
    Nice basses.....
    Also RandallFlag, nice reference there....ok im done

7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I like the sound of the Ric, I like the look of the Ric. I can't stand the neck of the Ric. So if I were to steal one, it'd be the jazz.

Can't wait til Rickenbacker has an optional fat neck.