1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

which pedal power adapter?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by kokoshmusun, May 19, 2011.

1. kokoshmusun

kokoshmusun

Feb 5, 2011
    Which one do you use and what are your results?
    I got a power adapter made at the electrician with 10 boss type plugs for our guitarist, which got me thinking seriously about what to do for my own rig. I could either get the same thing or get a dedicated pedal power provider.
    I did some research and found some options:
    BBE supa charger
    Dunlop DC Brick
    T-Rex Fuel Tank
    Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 Plus
    Godlyke Powerall

[There is also the 1-spot which I used to have when I lived in the US but now I live in Turkey (different plugs)]

I'm thinking about the BBE supa charger, but one thing confused me: It lists 9, 12, and 16 Vs. I thought most non-standard pedals were 18 Vs, not 16. What's up with that? And does anybody have experience with the BBE?

2. Radicalbassist

Radicalbassist

May 19, 2011
    I can vouge for the DC Brick, it is solid and has never let me down. 7 x 9v outputs and 3 x 18v. Does exactly what i want and keeps my pedals singing all day long. Very good price too, got mine for 95GBP.

Dont have any experience with any of the others

3. CaptainSir

CaptainSir

May 12, 2009
    Conyers, Ga
    CIOKS-DC-10 - amazing power supply like a awesomeerrr version of Voodoo labs pedalpower 2

Cioks dc10 has 10 outputs larger range of mA larger range of Voltage $199 pretty stout price but its worth it... im trying to sell my PP2+ right now to buy the CIOKS

4. kokoshmusun

kokoshmusun

Feb 5, 2011
    Yeah, I had seen the CIOKS but forgotten. They have a lot of models, it's confusing.

5. BassMonstrum

BassMonstrum

Mar 7, 2008
    Does the Cioks DC10 fit under a Pedaltrain?

6. TomA1234

TomA1234

Jul 27, 2009
    Fareham, England
    I use the danelectro DA 1. Completely silent and cheap (£15) but not so powerful (200mA).

7. Jeffrey Wash

Jeffrey Wash Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2011
    Santa Cruz
    I had a JuiceBox for a couple of years - it was a constant problem. So glad to be rid of it.

I now have the Cioks DC10. Stable, very solidly built and it has been problem free (I've had it for about a year).

Worth every penny IMHO.