1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

who else loves the new dodge challenger

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by tbird99, Aug 8, 2012.

1. tbird99

tbird99

Jun 29, 2012
    Dalton, Ga
    I freakin love them I just noticed them popping up in my area and at first I rhoughy they were from the 70s , I love them I would like stab somebody for one , here recently I've thought almost all cars look the same then these POP up , also what are your favorite car brands (no extreme like ferrari and lambourghini ) I like Cadillac , Mercedes Benz and dodge , but I freakin love Cadillac and mercedes but I find it stupid when people get a Mercedes sub to me that Isnt right if you get a Cadillac or Mercedes you should get the car and I mean Mercedes is like the Cadillac of cars :p

P.s. I hate how all new cars are they same and are so wimpy and hippy ish , all the priuses and wimpy little cars , they just don't makes em like they used to *sigh* wow I should old hehe

2. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I dont love that my local police department recently acquired two new challenger squad cars.

3. SwitchGear

SwitchGear

Mar 23, 2005
    Wisconsin
    I love the retro styling. So Detroit and American.

I read in an automotive mag the redesigned 2015 Mustangs will go away from the retro style, they will want to appeal to the Y generation at that time.

4. They hit the sweet spot with those when they first redesigned them to be more retro. The newer models have been pretty gross to me in general.

Generation Y are morons. I should know. I'm in it.

5. fisticuffs

fisticuffs

May 3, 2011
    Madison, WI
    It's an improvement but I still couldn't spend that kind of money on a Chrysler product. Of the big three they still seem to be the worst for reliability. Of course I'm not about to buy any muscle or sports car. My 4-banger is fast enough. I would take a nice Mercedes though. Thinking ML350 BluTec would be fun. Until I need to pull something though I'll go with fuel efficiency over horsepower.

6. I disagree. My ram 1500 Quad Cab has over 220,000, never a problem. My ram 1500 Quad cab before that, over 200k, replaced the transmission at 150k, never any other problems.

Honestly, my truck is awesome. Not a rattle, loose panel, etc. literally nothing wrong with it.

7. fisticuffs

fisticuffs

May 3, 2011
    Madison, WI
  8. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Thank God...Ford has been milking the retro pony 5+ years too long. Can't wait to see the next one, as the last 3 gens have left me positively "meh".

As for the Challenger, I think compared to the Stang and Camaro, it looks fat and lazy, and oddly *narrow*. Not sure why on that last bit.

9. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    I like people who know how to use punctuation correctly.

:bag:

10. Our sales manager has an SRT8 392 Challenger and he's let me drive it. It's pretty authentic American muscle. Very fast in a straight line but a bit dodgy in the cornering department for something with that much power. Heavy. Looks and sounds great.

I don't know why they bothered to put a back seat in there, though. I spent 10 minutes in the back going to lunch one day and I felt like a sardine. :D

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Same here.

I must have too. My 2002 Ram has zero problems. It has about 115,000 miles on it now. I drove it across country last October. It ran 70-80MPH for 14-15 hours a day no problem. I got a few bad tanks of gas along the way that caused issues, but the truck kept on keepin' on.

I did have the transmission replaced at 75,000 miles. The extended warranty I bought was about to expire, so I had a mechanic do a checkup for me. He noticed some potential issues, so was able to push through a transmission rebuild while the warranty was still in effect.

-Mike

12. JPaulGeddy

JPaulGeddy Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    If it's good enough for Archer, it's good enough for me!

[​IMG]

13. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    They are a little beefier looking than the 70's models but thats not a bad thing. Didnt know they had the 392 under the hood, makes me want one even more now. To bad chrysler missed the mark on the Dodge Charger styling, but they probably had big contracts with law enforcement for the 4 door model, I would have prefered it resemble a late 60's early 70's charger. Maybe they will do a makeover on it as the current design has been around for a few years now.

14. Bert Slide

Bert Slide

May 16, 2012
    Louisville KY
    I think it's by far the best looking of the modern retro muscle cars.

15. nortonrider

nortonrider

Nov 20, 2007
    Kinda generic IMHO.
    Just like the New Chargers, Camaros and Mustangs, None of them do anything for me.

Now..... a 69 Charger R/T, 69 Roadrunner, 67 GTO, 66 Chevelle - I like those plenty!

16. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    Long Island, NY.
    I hope the new Mustang design looks good come 2015.

17. droo46

droo46

Jun 16, 2011
    Sports cars don't seem to be very practical for the police IMO. Yeah, you'll need power for high speed chases but,honestly, how often does that happen? Maybe the people in charge of buying cop cars know something I don't...:meh:

18. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
    The Challenger, yes indeedy!

19. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Beautiful cars. I'm not buying one, but they are pretty.

20. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    Long Island, NY.
    I'm pretty mad my local police group recently replaced all their cars with Tahoes. You'd think they'd at least consider the cost of gas when selecting a new vehicle for their officers :rolleyes: