who has try vox t-60 amp/roland cube 30???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by b.a.s.s, Dec 7, 2004.

1. b.a.s.s

Dec 7, 2004
    hi my friends
    Hey, im going to be getting a new amp and im just wondering if you guys could help me to buy vox t-60 / roland cube 30 ??? which one is better??
  2. b.a.s.s

Dec 7, 2004
    anybody here wanna help me??
  3. joetheragman

Oct 4, 2004
    I haven't tried to the roland but I did demo the vox and it was loud clear and got intense slap tone. Also I suggest you got to zzounds.com where they have Ashdown five fifteen for $160. They must have a couple blems or something.
  4. bluemonk

Dec 17, 2002
    I have a Vox 25 and a roland DB 500, so I can't say for sure how your models would be. People do seem to like the Cube. No one ever mentions Vox on this forum. I find the reviews at www.harmony-central.com useful. Just click user reviews.
  5. Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    No Bogus Endorsements
    I wanted a Vox T-60 for quite a while, purely on looks, but I did not get any really favorable reviews of it among those who had tried it and had a lot of experience with other small amps. :meh:

Musician's Friend had them dirt cheap on closeout a little over a year ago, over 2/3 off (a sale I only found out about too late), but I haven't seen any since. I am not sure if they're still made.

In the event, I wound up getting a new Ampeg BA-112 on sale at GC for $159.99, which was a super price on what is regarded as an excellent practice/rehearsal portable. It's the only recent Ampeg amp I've ever had - and I've had a few - that I didn't have any issues with. This is the first small bass amp I've ever owned and it's really nice to have something I can pick up for a change.