1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

who has try vox t-60 amp/roland cube 30???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by b.a.s.s, Dec 7, 2004.

1. b.a.s.s

b.a.s.s

Dec 7, 2004
    hi my friends
    Hey, im going to be getting a new amp and im just wondering if you guys could help me to buy vox t-60 / roland cube 30 ??? which one is better??
    thanks.

2. b.a.s.s

b.a.s.s

Dec 7, 2004
    anybody here wanna help me??

3. joetheragman

joetheragman

Oct 4, 2004
    florida
    I haven't tried to the roland but I did demo the vox and it was loud clear and got intense slap tone. Also I suggest you got to zzounds.com where they have Ashdown five fifteen for $160. They must have a couple blems or something.

4. bluemonk

bluemonk

Dec 17, 2002
    Michigan
    I have a Vox 25 and a roland DB 500, so I can't say for sure how your models would be. People do seem to like the Cube. No one ever mentions Vox on this forum. I find the reviews at www.harmony-central.com useful. Just click user reviews.

5. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    I wanted a Vox T-60 for quite a while, purely on looks, but I did not get any really favorable reviews of it among those who had tried it and had a lot of experience with other small amps. :meh:

Musician's Friend had them dirt cheap on closeout a little over a year ago, over 2/3 off (a sale I only found out about too late), but I haven't seen any since. I am not sure if they're still made.

In the event, I wound up getting a new Ampeg BA-112 on sale at GC for $159.99, which was a super price on what is regarded as an excellent practice/rehearsal portable. It's the only recent Ampeg amp I've ever had - and I've had a few - that I didn't have any issues with. This is the first small bass amp I've ever owned and it's really nice to have something I can pick up for a change.