1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Who is actually using a multi-FX live, and is happy with it?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by JJP_1984_LB50, Mar 25, 2021.

1. JJP_1984_LB50

JJP_1984_LB50 Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2004
    North Canton, OH
    Who's using one?
    Are you happy with your tone?
    Which one is it?
    How are you routing it?

I REALLY want to go this route but haven't found anything I love. Who's doing what? (Feel free to direct me to the thread I'm missing).

2. filmtex

filmtex Commercial User

May 29, 2011
    S. Texas Hill Country
    Annsman Pro Audio Dealer
    Yep, most if the time.
    Boss GT-1B
    Instrument>GT-1B>Ampeg BA 210V2 or GK 400RB>810 Cab >XLR to FOH as required.

3. JKos

JKos Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Torrance, CA
    HX Stomp.
    Bass -> LBA 2020S -> HX Stomp -> FOH

4. I'm still using my Zoom B2 or B2.1u or B3 depending on the gig.

5. I use a line 6 Helix hx fx and love it

BrentSimons and EdO. like this.
  6. GT-1B. Line6 wireless> GT1B> Radial SB2> Peavey Alphabass or Quilter BB800.

I use a dual switch to page up and down my patches and then the 4 footswitches to control the patch. I use the preamps as always on, and then switch on and off what I need within each patch.

My classic rock gig doesn't require me to find a bunch of 'my' sounds, and this unit is flexible enough at my feet and with good enough sounds that I don't need parallel processing or nigh-infinite blocks.

I was using a B3 prior, but the GT-1B works quite a bit better after taking the time to sort out all its control options.

A big part of my liking multis is I see tone as a moving target (it's easy to fall in love with a sound and then get jaded by it and move on to the next, get jaded again and then re-fall in love with the first), so having a thing that can adapt to my needs and whims is more important than having that one perfect thing that I'll get bored of over time.

7. Bass>Line6 G30>Line6 HX Stomp>Ashdown OriginAL. I use IEM 99% of the time.

The HX Stomp has replaced my tuner, HPF, overdrive, fuzz, octaver and chorus. Plus, now I have some reverb or delay and many other effects. It needs time, but once you have your presets done, you know exactly how you will sound.

BrentSimons and Meaculpa like this.
  8. crguti

crguti

Feb 14, 2011
    Scandinavia
    The Boss MS-3 replaced quite a few pedals. Now it’s a essential part of my pedalboard. I’m very happy with it.

SlowpokeJoe and BrentSimons like this.
  9. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Inactive Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    Boss GT-10B. Bass into efx, out to amp.

10. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    My current chain is Shure GLXD>Empress Bass Compressor>Line 6 HX Effects>Line 6 HX Stomp to FOH/IEMS.

BrentSimons and Fuzzbass like this.
  11. Skybone

Skybone

Jun 20, 2016
    Scotland
    Line6 HD500x (with HD Bass pack) into Effects Return. Sounds good to me, and no complaints from the band.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
    DrMole and scuzzy like this.
  12. I still use a Zoom B3, with a couple other pedals, but I could (and have) play a show with just the B3.

13. Turxile

Turxile

May 1, 2011
    Zoom B3n, happy with it. If it’s a gig with simple always on requirements I take zoom ms60b.

lokikallas and BrentSimons like this.
  14. murmur70

murmur70

May 3, 2017
    Indiana
    Helix is the most natural(analog?) sounding effects unit I have ever heard. I am running the HX Stomp alone to FOH.

15. P Bass > GT1KCore > Q/Strip - XLR > Mixer/FOH, 1/4 > Amp/InEars. Totally happy with this setup, won’t be changing it anytime soon.

16. Gustopher

Gustopher Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2018
    SWVA
    Line 6 M5 (not technically a multi, but kinda) and I use it for a little dirt and fuzz. It also has a great chorus. Since most of what I play isn't effect heavy, it works great for my needs.

17. kho

kho Supporting Member

Jul 11, 2006
    Maryland
    Fractal Audio FM3. Line 6 wireless > FM3 > Amp/FOH. Works great for bass and guitar.

BrentSimons, Meaculpa and Lukasonbass like this.
  18. RattleSnack

RattleSnack

Sep 22, 2011
    Europe
    Bass to Boss GT-1B to my GK combo, for small fusion instrumentals gig.
    I use GT-1B as a pedalboard (no amp/cab sims), I have couple of patches I can flip. One is general, for clean sound or chorus and so on. Second and third are synths with different flavours.

BrentSimons and Meaculpa like this.
  19. baxter_x

baxter_x

Nov 27, 2013
    EU
    Axe FX II XL in the power section of an Ampeg SVT 7 Pro. Very happy with it, however I might go back to a single amp as it could be a bit overkill for me. However, you have everything in a box: compressor, drive, filter.....
    No more cables, noise, issues, surprises.....

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
    BrentSimons and Lukasonbass like this.
  20. Goatrope

Goatrope

Nov 18, 2011
    Sarasota Florida
    Source Audio C4, set up with various staple sounds, like phaser, octaver, univibe, synths, swells, envelop followers, etc. Once the output levels are dialed-in, it’s a superstar.

I’m running it first on my board, with the comp after it, in order to better control the attack. I’m accessing all my presets via a midi switch (D.M.C. micro).

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 8, 2021