Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

who makes a good XLR Snake?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Muzique Fann, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    We'll probably use two 4 channel's instead of one 8.
    XLR to XLR.
    Mogami?
    Hosa is crap right?
    Monster's got that warranty.
    any other good ones?

It's going to be "buried" in the wall, so we want to get a really nice one that won't give us any trouble
    (i.e. having to rip open walls to find the problem)

- thanks

2. mr e

mr e

Nov 17, 2003
    nyc
  3. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    Quantum Audio Designs

I have several snakes and D-Sub cables by this company. Nice stuff at good prices. Easy to get custom stuff too.

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  5. Droog

Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    PDX
    Carefull of running standard cable in-wall. Sounds like you are doing it yourself so you can do what ever, if a contractor is doing it, class 2 wiring has to be used. Has to be "to code" and all. If you handy with a soldering iron I would suggest making your own and saving some money.

How much $$$ do you want to drop?Canare I love Canare stuff.

I think the Whirlwind stuff is great too. Hosa is crap, but sometimes crap is all that is needed. Horizon makes less crap than Hosa but not by a whole lot.

6. I just got some nicely made 4 channel XLR mogami snakes from hotwired cables, They were reasonable (I got some stock cables from them on ebay, and then ordered custom) and easy to deal with.

Aloha,

Jonathan

7. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Jonathan - I decided yesterday to get those same Mogami ones from Hotwired.

- mahalo