Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Who's using Jambase?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by smperry, May 18, 2005.

1. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    Mods: If this is supposed to be in Band Management and Performance, please move with my apologies.

The short:
    Basically, for people that have used it, I'm wondering if people that used Jambase's services noticed an increased draw at shows. Were their email services in your opinion, worth $200? The four members are able to chip in $50, but we also don't want to throw money away.

The long:
    I'm in a new band. We're not real jammy; songs are generally radio length with normal verse chorus bridge stuff. We do some funky stuff and the singer plays great acoustic guitar as well. The easiest comparison is probably Dave Matthews Band.

We just had a great show to a packed audience and we're gaining some momentum and setting up shows at other clubs in the area, as well as returning to some others. We just got a "band focus" in the weekly paper that hypes us up and points people to our website. We're slowly making relationships with other bands and club bookers so we can get shows, but of course we want to play bigger and better packed shows...if Jambase would save us a lot of effort and bring in folks, we'd love to spend more time working on the music. For people that have used their services, do you think it'd be worth it to us?

Any thoughts appreciated!
    Marshall