Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

who's your favorite newscaster?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by nonsqtr, Jun 9, 2005.

1. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    I like Lisa Daniels from MSNBC. She's totally hot, she seems to be fair and open-minded, and she asks a whole lot of intelligent questions (as distinct from expressing her personal opinons).

Thoughts?

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Stuart Scott.

-Mike

3. I hate to seem confrontational ...but I don't recall having ever seen anyone on any news station that could be considered "fair and open-minded". Following this post will be a few people who will want to give examples of fairness in journalism. Don't bother on my account. You won't sway my opinion of the sensationalism whores that are our media.

Mike

4. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    Ron Burgandy. But other than that, one time on Fox News I saw this newscaster mess up and say blowjob while talking about J-Lo. That's pretty funny and he kept his job, so my vote is for him.

5. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
  6. Also, 70's-era Bill Murray on SNL. "Our top story tonight..."

7. I'd also like to add that I feel a journalist's job is to go places that I can't, see things that I can't and tell me about them in the most accurate way possible. Pursuant to this goal, I think it should be against the law for journalists to use adjectives. I get tired of hearing the over exaggerated version of what happened peppered with the reporter's skilled ability to be inside the subject's mind while they deftly describe what happened from a point of view they can't possibly know.

Mike

<edit> you may be wondering how I get my news, if I'm so anti-media...see Chris J's sig below.

8. hands-down, Tom Tucker and Diane Simmons.

9. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

My alltime fave was Walter Kronkite. They don't make them that good anymore.

10. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    My lower brain loves Robin Meade weekday mornings on CNN Headline News. I could care less about the news when I watch her . . . . . . . . :hyper:

11. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
  12. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    John Stewart.

Every morning, I spend at least 30 minutes staring at her while I ride my exercise bike.

:D

13. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    He's not really a newscaster, but a GREAT interviewer: Brian Lamb from C-span, I've watched him for 15 years and still can't tell how he votes, thats my description of non biased.

14. I'd much rather listen to the news on the radio, but if I must watch someone, let it be Rudi Bakhtiar :eek: :hyper:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudi_Bakhtiar

If I have to hear bad news at least soften it with a pretty face. :cool:

Does anyone else notice that Paula Zahn's facial expressions change little whether she's reporting on Iraq, a hurricane or the economy?

She always seems to have that cold semi-smile to me. :meh:

Mike

15. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    thalia shire

her big brown eyes used to cut right through me.

16. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    There's some new girl on the local channel six news program. Unless you live in the Omaha metro you wouldn't know who she is. She's pretty smokin'.

17. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    She's good; she took over Dan Abrams' gig while he was out...did a reasonable job, too.

For me, it's Laurie Dhue; call me shallow, I could care less.
    ...and then there's The Naked News babes.

Also, Lester Holt...anyone recall when he sat in with the Captain & Tenille on his Fender fretless bass?
    ;)

18. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    There's this one girl on NBC around where i live.

I can never remember what she's saying though.... for some reason...

19. Time Divider

Time Divider Guest

Apr 7, 2005
    Brit Hume. Most consistently intelligent analysis of the events of the day anywhere.

20. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    Don't know about a best, but I KNOW that Nancy Grace is by far the worst I've ever seen.

She is the TV anchor version of JJ Jameson from the spiderman comics. A caricature of a newscaster.