Whose Fred Hammonds Bassist???

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Shandon, Jun 16, 2005.

1. I know Fred Hammond plays on some songs but when he isn't playing, whose playing in Radical for Christ??? I've been trying to surf the net and find out...Any input would help. Also, his rig??? I've been trying to get something similar to that tone.

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    Maurice Fitzgerald is his Bass player 98% of the time.as far as rigs and basses goes as of late I couldn't tell you.I know he has used Waricks and Fenders and at one time he was using fellow TBer Brad Johnson's Brubacker.
  3. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    AFAIK, he also used a Peavey Cirrus 5. I´ve got a live recording of him, and I´m pretty sure it´s a Cirrus.
  4. well I'm also trying to develop a nice sound for when I'm playing these songs for my choir, any suggestions for amps/cabs or just EQ effects?
  5. malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Depends on which CD you're talking about. On the two CD set "pages of life: verses 1&2" Terrence Palmer did the live concert work and Fred did the studio work. (Terrence also is the one playing the Peavey Cirrus in the DVD recording of the concert. There's an earlier VHS concert where Terrence is playing a Tobias.)

CORRECTION. Terrence is playing the Tobias on the "pages of life: verses 1&2" CD and the VHS videotape of the concert at which the live portion of the CD set was filmed. The DVD where Terrence is playing the Peavey Cirrus is the DVD for "Purpose By Design". Maurice joined RFC during the tour but did not appear on a DVD until the "speak those things: POL 3" album. Fred did all the bass work in the studio for that CD.

Maurice Fitsgerald came along on the "Purpose By Design" tour. I think Fred and Terrence did the studio work and Maurice did the tour and the DVD. As corrected above, Terrence Palmer is on the "Purpose By Design" concert DVD.

ADDITION: Fred played on all the selections on the "Purpose By Design" except for "Thank You Lord", "When You Praise", "Jesus Be A Fence" (smokin' old school gospel bass-line) and "You Are The Living Word". Terrence played on those on the CD and played throughout the concert DVD.

Terrence is also the bassist on a lot of Isreal & The New Breed material. If you like Fred & RFC, you oughta check out Isreal & The New Breed. Look for "It's A New Season". I have an Isreal & The New Breed DVD where the bassist is playing a Tobias. I'm fairly certain that it's Terrence playing the Tobias he played in the first Fred Hammond video. I haven't finished watching it yet, so I haven't peeped the credits.

6. Yea it is.

I was also wondering if that was Terrence playing with Israel on the Next Level DVD. I have never seen him to know him but it looked as though he was playing a Tobias.
  7. Robear22

Robear22 Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Beach Park, Ill
    Yes that is Terrance. I saw them 2 months ago at Dennis Leonard's church in Colorado. They were there for the church anniversary and I was there on a business trip. Talk about perfect timing. I have been following Terrance, Fred, and Maurice. I love all three players styles and Fred really knows how to play a unique groove.
  8. bottomzone

Oct 21, 2005
    Maurice Fitzgerald is playing the Peavey Cirrus 5 Bubinga/Walnut on the Purpose By Design DVD, not Terrence Palmer.

A Groove is a Terrible Thing to Waste! :cool:
  9. The "B" player for Israel's band uses an MTD - and being TP's backup is no shameful position to be in. TP also plays a custom made 5, and last I knew was using an SM900 and GoliathIII cabs (same rig Andrew Gouche' used to use).

Fred, TP, and Maurice are all phenomenal players. To cop that sound you can't go wrong with a Tobias or MTD and an SWR rig.

www.terrancepalmer.com - his custom Pavel Aryel single cut is in one of the pictures on the home page.
  10. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    New Orleans, LA
    that must have been awesome! Terrance is a groove machine:D
  11. willrwilli

Jul 15, 2002
    Speaking of Terrance Palmer have any of you heard or more importantly bought his solo album? It is amazing, and available on I tunes. It is called Love Letter
  12. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    Didn't one of them ose a Roscoe at one time?
  13. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I have it. Excellent cd. It's 'bassy' but not a chops fest! That's why I like it.
  14. vision

vision It's all about the groove!

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Fred's current bass player is Alex "Snoop" Evans...a great young player who is using a Warrior bass...
  15. Robear22

Robear22 Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Beach Park, Ill
    He plays on the new DVD which I own!!!! He absolutely kills "He lives".:eek: Everytime they show a shot of him I begin to drool over that Warrior. That pickup layout give you a unique tone.
  16. bottomzone

Oct 21, 2005
    Alan "Snoop" Evans, Jr. is definietly a BAD MAN!!!! He grooves like crazy on "Praise Belongs to You"!!!

A Groove is a Terrible Thing to Waste! :cool:
  17. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    Dang FAT FINGERS! I mean use a Roscoe for a short time?
  18. Andy L

Andy L

Mar 16, 2008
    Yes he does:bassist::
  19. phillybass101

Jan 12, 2011
    Endorsing Artist: Tecamp Bass Players Gear, Bartolini Emerging Artist
    I think Maurice is now playing on Wyn Basses, From the clips I've seen they are some serious axes that deserve some serious attention. Wait time right now is just about forever, I think it's a one man shop. They sound awesome though. Search for Maurice on youtube. There is a clip of him playing one. I speced out a bass with Wyn and it came in around $3800. But these were my choices. He has less expensive basses as well.
  20. T-MOST

Dec 10, 2004
    NJ via NYC
    Fred uses several bassists in live settings:

Terrance Palmer... Book of Life (live) and my absolute Fred Hammond project.
    Alan Snoop Evans... He's an Awsome God (live), Praise belongs to You