1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Why? Because I'm a bachelor and I can, that's why! (full stack content)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by runmikeyrun, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Clammy

Clammy

Nov 3, 2008
    Ottawa, Canada
    Endorsing Artist: Neal Moser Guitars, DR Strings
    I hear ya!!! This is in my bedroom:

FullStacksRunning.

Full stacks FTW!!! :D

Cheers!
    :bassist::bassist::bassist:

2. Roscoe East

Roscoe East

Aug 22, 2011
    Somehow when I read "bachelor" and "stack" in the same sentence I was not expecting amplifiers in this thread!

3. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Can I play?

Married w 3 kids, but still have a mini stack (in the basement of course):atoz:

LMII_NY604_stack.

4. cableguy

cableguy Supporting Member

Jun 4, 2009
    North Bend, WA
    Live it up boys! I used to have my bass cab, my roomates Marshall 1/2 stack, my PA and it was super fun. Now I do have a small music room but being married it's just different. There was just something about your 1st apartment, music, parties, bla bla bla, etc. Have fun & live the dream!

5. cableguy

Jun 4, 2009
    North Bend, WA
    I think the point of the OP's thread was that it was his dining room. Most married men cannot pull off a bass stack in that room. Garage, man cave, music room, yes......Dining room probably not.

6. BBox Bass

BBox Bass Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2011
    NW Pennsylvania
    Happily single with a wall of instruments, my gigging head + speaker cab, and a guitar amp all in the master bedroom. Wouldn't want it any other way.

7. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Since I am going to be single do I need a huge rig, too?

8. Gord_oh

Gord_oh Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Michigan
    ladies love a single man with a huge rig. ;)

9. lowendgenerator

lowendgenerator

Mar 26, 2006
    CHI/NWI
    YES.

10. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I guess I do need to find a use for my tax return money now that Im no longer going on a cruise with my wife.

11. cableguy

Jun 4, 2009
    North Bend, WA
    FTW!:bassist:

12. That depends. How old are you? I'm single, but well into my 30's. I have NO desire to have the stacks that I had back as a younger man in my 20's. Too damned heavy, not practical, and not worth the effort for what I consider only a slightly better sound then a 250 watt little combo. I have played some pretty big gigs in the last few years, and not one of them required anything more then my combo amp can bust out!

But, damn, my old all-tube Ampeg SVT with a 95 lb head sure did sound great...

13. Dude, i think i remember you stating a few years back that you had just gotten married. I could be thinking of someone else on this board, as my memory's a bit fuzzy. In any regard, that sucks. I'm sorry to hear it.

On a slightly ironic note, a friend/old flame of mine just went through a divorce. She kept the all-included trip to Africa after the divorce. So, I'm going to Africa on her dime! You should do the same - keep that cruise and bring someone just to make her jealous! ;)

14. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process...

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Rescue another cat :)

15. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    They love a married man with a huge rig as well. Unrequited love unfortunately. :atoz:

16. Uncle K

Uncle K The bass player doesn't get a sandwich Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Erie, PA
    This is in my brother's basement, where I am living temporarily. It will probably be set up like this in my living room when I get my own apartment in a few weeks. My last apartment had a drumset in the kitchen.

[​IMG]

17. I only have a single 4x12 :(

18. Ursus Tyrannus

Ursus Tyrannus

Oct 9, 2010
    My living room, there used to be an end table there but I like this better. In my 40's and have no wife and no serious girlfriend, so why the heck not. I love being the kook living in the trailer out at the end of the industrial park. I can, will, and do crank it up 2-3-4 in the morning.

Picture831.

And bottom right, yep, a bass in the kitchen.

19. that's quite a precariously perched chain of pedals up there!