Why is it this way?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by heavyrocker, Aug 5, 2009.

1. heavyrocker

heavyrocker

Mar 21, 2008
    i just cant get to practice through a specific plan,u know it has a Sin cycle,at a point I do really well,practice a lot and it worx out but then slip down and gradually get to the worst state where my mind is totally blocked prob. bcuz i dont listen enough,play enough,etc.and this leads to a state of depression and after a while i realize it can't go on that way anymore so i get to work hard and i almost have to build everything back again.and this cycle iterates over n over..
    i guess somethings wrong with me!
    any advice?

2. Hoover

Hoover Inactive

Nov 2, 2007
    New York City
    aw, man, cuz I like, when it's all, y'know? and then right it just goes what was that thing, gets all kinda messed up liek before but too bad you're looking at backwards now, know what I mean?

3. standupright

standupright

Jul 7, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    Brownchicken Browncow
    iocrunks.gif

4. Turock

Turock

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    My thoughts. exactly.

5. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Like, wow, y'know? I mean, man, whoo, it's like, k'now, hmmm, yeah, wow.

Duuuuuuuuuude!

6. lawsonman

lawsonman

Dec 19, 2005
    NW IL
    What the hell are you asking?

7. Seek PROFESSIONAL HELP. Not now, but RIGHT NOW.

8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You don't own any guns, do you?

9. ByF

ByF

May 19, 2009
    Loosely translated from the teen dialect into adult American English, heavyrocker said:

"I find it difficult to focus on a practice plan. I have ups and downs in musical endeavors, in almost a sinusoidal pattern. Sometimes I feel really energetic, practice a lot, and the practice really pays off. Other times, I hit a slump, my playing deteriorates, and I feel completely uninspired to practice.

It is a self-perpetuating cycle, because when I feel uninspired to play, I also lose interest in listening to music. Without new inspiration, my interest in practicing further decreases.

My feelings of self-worth are tied to my musical efforts--when I don't practice and don't progress musically, I feel worthless and become depressed.

When I do regain interest in music and start to practice again, I find that I need to expend extra effort to regain the skill level I previously possessed. Also, the cyclical nature of my problem causes me to think that this problem will continue in the future.

I fear that this may be a serious problem. Can anyone suggest how I might get help?"

Sound about right?

Ed

10. David1234

David1234

Jun 1, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Endorsing Artist: SWR Amplifiers

+1 WIN!!

11. My original response still holds water, regardless of the translation.

12. ByF

ByF

May 19, 2009
    I agree.

Ed

13. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Excellent translation!!! So, in that case, OP, look for a good counselor.

14. heavyrocker

heavyrocker

Mar 21, 2008
    good translation ED,just i don agree with some parts:1.i don really lose inspiration,i just get so busy(with other stuff) n i don get enough time to practice but this after a while leads to being uninspired
    2.i don think this is a serious problem(that sentence was rather a joke!)
    3.i don get depressed(in that meaning) i just feel a lit sad
    btw Hoover,i didnt understand a word of what u said

15. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    I think that you should spend as much time practicing English as you would like to spend practicing.

Your profile is not filled out so we have no idea if you're 13 and posting here with simultaneously instant messaging 5 friends while playing PS3 and chewing your toe-nails, or if you're 63 and just don't have a grasp of typing. But, I'm pretty sure this is just a modern lazy typer with lack of grammar knowledge type situation.

16. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 31, 2021