1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Why on earth?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by glenb73, Jan 4, 2012.

1. glenb73

glenb73

Dec 18, 2010
    I bought a behringer effect pedal , this thing is made of very cheap plastic, I stepped on it a few times and the casing started to break. Who in their right mind makes a product that you are supposed to step on out of CHEAP PLASTIC? I just hope zzounds will take it back and give me a refund.

2. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    That's why it was so inexpensive.

3. I have a few of those. "Stomp box" is just a term, it doesn't mean you really have to stomp or put your full weight on them.

Mine held up just fine over the years. Then again, I merely use my foot just hard enough to activate or deactivate them.

They are cheap pedals, and cheap stuff usually can't take much abuse.

4. Tractorr

Tractorr

Aug 23, 2011
    Philadelphia
    You get what you pay for.

5. How in the flipping hell did you crack the case by stepping on it? Were you jumping around and stomping on it or something? :eyebrow:

I have a couple behringer pedals that I've had on my board for quite a while, and I've never had such issues. And I'm a pretty big guy myself. You don't need to slam down on the thing to engage it.

6. DBCrocky

DBCrocky

Oct 18, 2011
    Cary, NC
    But I think it does mean that the pedal should be able to withstand being stomped....

7. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    "stomping" hard enough to Engage a switch... and "Stomping a 4 inch cockroach in a corner" are vastly different things.

8. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Would you prefer a "Lightly Press Box"?

9. Man, I don't even truly "stomp" my metal jacket boxes with more than enough force required to turn them on and off.

Why tempt fate and hasten the demise of your gear?

Oops. Dumb question. I just realized where I am. Carry on.

10. DBCrocky

DBCrocky

Oct 18, 2011
    Cary, NC
    Sometimes my forethought/balance/dexterity isn't up to the task of lightly stepping on a switch while playing. Sometimes I just have to stomp. Not ridiculously, but not gingerly either.

Maybe this is part of why I've gone to a no pedal rig.

11. Same here. I think most floor pedals, the Behringers included, can withstand this.

12. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    They need to switch to the switch only switch instead of the plastic "cover plate" switch which allows for too much switch witching.:bag: