1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Why so many folks selling Shuttle 9.0s?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ustabawannab, Apr 9, 2010.

1. ustabawannab

ustabawannab Caesar's palace, morning glory, silly human race. Gold Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Greenfield, WI.
    GB Shuttle 9.0

I've been watching for several weeks now. Been a disproportionate amount listed lately.

Are they not living up to expectations? Personally, I've played through one and have been quite impressed.

2. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    The same gear shuffling that happens any time a new product comes out.

People are probably anticipating a Shuttlemax 18.0 or Shuttlemax 9.0, etc.

3. svtb15

svtb15 Banned

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig. Q+
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm shuttle max 9! I would love that

4. Alphaman

Alphaman Gold Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2008
    STL
    Since I joined TB, I've gone through so much gear not because I didn't like it but because I read these threads and was conviced there was something much better out there! LOL! This forum breeds the shuffling of gear.

5. Truth, i still think the NeoPak was my favorite amp tonewise and I miss it but it is long gone. I now have a 9.0 and love it's tone, features and power, but I still miss the original lightweight heavytone for me

6. Alphaman

Alphaman Gold Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2008
    STL
    Having owned a Shuttle 9 and ShuttleMax 12, and many other amps the past couple of years, I really miss my ShuttleMax 12 more than the others, but did someone say ShuttleMax 18?

7. I'm sure a lot of people bought them sight unseen. Not all gear is right for all people...we all have different ideas in our heads of what equates to great bass tone. I personally think my 9.0 is the bomb as well, and most of the musicians who hear my rig feel the same way.

8. SlingBass4

SlingBass4

Feb 28, 2009
    Kansas City
    +1 - TB is da debil laughing7.

9. I agree that this is often the case.

Also, in this economy many players unfortunately need to sell equipment to raise money. I'm sure some own other equipment they would prefer to sell instead of their Shuttle; but the Shuttle 9.0 is a well-known, current model with a transferable warranty and, therefore, may be the most salable. The number of offerings you've noticed might not reflect any shortcomings of the head at all, but its greater market appeal due to its many benefits.

I've had a Shuttle 9.0 for about a month and I REALLY like it. It doesn't quite match the tone of my all-tube Eden VT-300, but it comes surprisingly close. It's 1/10th the weight and less than 1/5th the size of the Eden, yet it still pours out 500 watts at 8 ohms and 900 watts @ 4 ohms. For my tone goals, it's the perfect backup and small/medium venue head.

10. ustabawannab

ustabawannab Caesar's palace, morning glory, silly human race. Gold Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Greenfield, WI.
    So far I've seen three available, brand new in a box.

I guess that's the blessing and the curse of TB. Something becomes flavor of the month, must have new item, then away they go 6 months later.

I think I'm ahead of the next wave with my Fender Bassman TV Duo Ten .

11. jnewmark

jnewmark Just wanna play the groove. Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Third St. Cigar Records staff musician.
    I've owned one and also a Shuttle 6. I was'nt crazy about the 6 as I thought the Markbass 500 watters were somehow more " in your face " at 4 ohms than the Shuttle 6, and the eq on the MB heads seemed more authoritative. I tried the 9 and compared it to the MB F1, and the F1 won me over as more punchy, chunky, nice assertive tone right out of the box, whereas the 9.0 , I was constantly twiddling the knobs to get to where I wanted even with the added power at 4 ohms. And, to top it off, I was using a GB Neox 212T cab. It's all pretty subjective, of course, but I came to the conclusion that the GB heads were just not for me. Probably in the minority as far as that goes, but, hey, I tried !

12. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    it's not a reflection on the quality of the gear at all. some people love to flip gear, some people are clearing out the old versions for the new versions, some maybe didn't ever connect with the tones, some folks maybe wanted something lighter ;) same reasons anyone flips gear.

13. Exactly what happened to me...and the RH450 also got involved. I tried the Genz, but tone wise the mb and TC amps were more for me.

14. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Me too.

15. Red Planet

Red Planet Banned SUSPENDED

May 29, 2005
    Atlanta
    I'm cranky in my old age.
    Interesting I ran across this thread searching for something else.

All I can say is I have sold all my other amps. I have 3 cabs and am a gear whore but nothing else compares to the Shuttle 9.0.

I need that old school tone most of the time and the 9.0 just does it so easy with any of my Golight Cabs.

The amount of power on tap is unreal and the gooey power section exceeds the give of a Tube amp IMO.

The 500 watts into an 8 ohm cabs is the big dealio here as well. I can use it with one small lightweight 8 ohm NEO cab and pummel.

This is the amp that changed the rules of the game.

Thank you soooooooo much Genz Benz for creating this Monster, I love you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    My theory:

These things are available at big discounts. I'm seeing people selling them here for more than you can buy one 'on the street'. I've got connections too....:bag:

17. chicago_mike

chicago_mike

Oct 9, 2007
    Chicago - LA - Rome - Dallas
    Endorsing Artist : Genz Benz
    I just got mine Friday. It killed my previous touring head. An SWR SM900. KILLED it. Im keeping this little f**ker!

18. mcapote

mcapote

Sep 9, 2009
    Miami Florida
    amp go in sets on here. when I first joined everyone was selling Hartke HAxxxx heads, then everyone was selling SWR heads, then it was markbass now shuttle 3.0 - 9.0s. thats just the way it goes and when I have the cash to finally buy one no one will be selling any LOL.

19. Jarrett

Jarrett

Jan 19, 2004
    Waxahachie, Tx
    Still digging mine. If they come out with a tweakable interface for the RH450, I might have to go that route. But it still depends how well the RH450 can hang volumewise with the Shuttle 9.0. At our last practice I had the Shuttle 9.0 dimed into my SWR Marcus Miller (4 ohm) 4x10 and could have used a hair more.

20. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Was the 'power limit' light flashing?