Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Will it ever quit raining?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Trevorus, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    It has been raing for a couple of weeks on and off now. All summer was pretty dry, but now it's nothing but gloom. This lack of sunshine is starting to get to me.

2. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I actually prefer rainy days, but not in the stereotypical depressed/goth way.

3. Funny, it's been sunny all day today here in California. A few days here and there of rain, but not much.

4. slick519

slick519

Aug 11, 2001
    Salem, Or
    DONT even get me started on rain. When you live in the northwest.... lets just say that you better learn to swim.... early...

Slick

5. Vox Populi

Vox Populi Reggae Loving Honkey

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    Hehe, I live in the Seattle area... It's been raining for three days with no end in sight. Had a 20 hour power failure yesterday. We had very high winds last night.

But I love Washington. :cool:

6. Rainy days and Mondays...

Have you ever seen the Rain?

The rain is falling through the mist of sorrow that surrounded me.

When the rain comes they run and hide their heads...

Raindrops keep fallin' on my head...

Here comes the rain again, fallin' on my head like a memory...

Umm... I'm running out here...

7. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    will it ever start raining... damn it i want some rain... NOW it rained for 2 days so far in cal... :( i want shower storm right now!

8. +1.

If you don't live in the PAC-NW, then you don't know rain.

Unless you live in the tropics. Or in Bangladesh. Or pretty much anywhere in Southeast Asia. Or Hawaii. Or the Amazon Basin. Or the Canadian Sheild. Or Mt. Washington in New Hampshire. Or Scotland. Or the Rhine Valley. Or Poland. Or most of western Russia.

Okay, maybe you do know about rain. We're just used to it. Put on a rain jacket and suck it up. It's just water, after all.

Unless you're in New Jersey, then it's more like malted battery acid.

Rock on
    Eric

9. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Ladies and gentlemen, if it doesn't stop raining, I don't know what I'm going to do.

10. ... Thats reallly depressing :meh:

It always rains in Oregon though.

11. Reminds me of the guy in Hichhiker Guide, Where ever he went it always rained. Be carefull or hyperimprobability drive will send you to the other side of the galaxy.

12. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    If it keep on rainin, the levee's gonna break...

13. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    I'm sorry, but I live in San Jose, CA. What is this thing called "rain?"

14. Nikehawk

Nikehawk Guest

Jul 29, 2001
    Yorkville, IL, USA
    That's because you live in the collegiate black hole of Illinois. :D

Not really, I'm just having fun stomping on the U of I football team. :cool:

15. Judge

Judge

Mar 26, 2004
    Dubai
    Not sure really... someone's even mentioned a thing called a raincoat!

Visiting England next week - guess there'll be that thing called rain happening over there.

16. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    I wasn’t in San Jose when it rained... it was harder because I was camping and on way back my car broke down... up in woods on way to Yosemite it was not bad of rain... still not enough.

hehe radiator blew a hole after offloading about 200miles from San Jose... we put some peppers in it... it made it home... and now i just bought a car YAY I am happy...

Back to point... it was not that bad of a rain up there... but i wish it was MORE! :)

Cheers

17. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Crying about RAIN?!?!?

:eyebrow:

Just be glad you don't have th 100 mph winds to go with it!!!

:eek:

Man, I've had enough of wind & rain (as have all the rest of the FL TBer's) to last a lifetime this fall!!!

:help:

18. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    It's looking like it quit raining. We've got blue skies and a little sunshine here in Seattle this morning.
    :hyper:

19. "It's raining
    Raining
    On the streets of New York City"

:crying: