Request Willie Colon & Ruben Blades - Dime

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Brad Maestas, Jan 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Brad Maestas

Brad Maestas Sono est omnia Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 26, 2003
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Luthier at Kala Brand Music Co.
    I've seen some mediocre TABs for this song (with no rhythmic indications-crucial!) but I'm still looking for an actual transcription of the album bass part. I have learned a lot of it by ear now but it would be nice to have some hints on some of the tricky parts. I will eventually transcribe it myself but wanted to see if anyone had this one. Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  2. Brad Maestas

Nov 26, 2003
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    And just to jog the memory as to what this great piece sounds like. Maestro Sal Cuevas on bass.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  3. LeeNunn

LeeNunn Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Charlottesville, VA
    Here's what I have so far. I love Cuban music, but I've never played it or transcribed it. Before I get too far into this, I hope some folks who are more familiar with this style of music can confirm that I'm on the right track. Rhythm and chords in particular.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  4. Brad Maestas

Nov 26, 2003
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    That's a great start. Chords and rhythms look good. I would maybe stem some of the loose eighth notes but it's looking good. Thank you for your contribution! How I would approach notating the intro with its time flip definitely had me thinking and the way you did it is just about how I imagined it. I'll have Sibelius up and running on my new machine before too long and perhaps we can compare versions in the end.

LeeNunn likes this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 23, 2022