1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Willows Spunky Standard

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by daydreamer0801, May 18, 2011.

1. Here's a little introduction of Willows Spunky Standard to you guys!

But first of all I would like to apologize for the low-quality pictures, as I don't invest in nice cameras :'( So cellphone pictures will do for now.

Oh and I don't have soundclips either, so unfortunately I won't be able to provide you with them. I just gotta say this bass sounds a lot better (totally imo) than a lot of basses that have twice the price tag.

It has one-piece maple neck & swamp ash body. Pickups are Kent Armstrong Jazz, Hipshot tuners and Gotoh bridge.

Feel free to ask me any questions, I'll happily answer any questions that I can answer.

Attached Files:

2. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Looks like a nice bass. I like how the 3tone sunburst is done.

3. Thanks, my thoughts exactly :) They had a couple more of sunbursts but this one was my favorite.

4. I should ask Ryu (the owner of the shop) to get a booth at the next NAMM show, so the folks in NA can try their basses/guitars out. So far, they've only showcased their products in Asia - mainly in Korea and China. I guess it's not that easy for a small shop to get across the Pacific Ocean for NAMM :( Bummer.

5. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
  6. dj5

dj5

Sep 17, 2009
    England
    They look and sound great
    How much?

7. About $750USD with the hardware upgrades. Without them, they'll be about $650 or so.

8. dj5

dj5

Sep 17, 2009
    England
    you're kidding?
    Can you get hold of a full price list for me?
    They look fantastic, and I assumed they'd be high end prices as well as looks/sound and (hopefully) quality.
    Cheers

9. dj5

dj5

Sep 17, 2009
    England
    Especially the Spunky Royal 5 it looks beautiful
    Thanks again

10. dj5

dj5

Sep 17, 2009
    England
    Yoon Ju plays like a demon too.

11. The Standard Series models are very cheap for what they are. Not saying others aren't, but if you are looking at the Royal, it's gonna set you back about $2500 USD. The cheapest one (the one in the video) is only about $580.

Now, there are some folks who got theirs via shipping overseas, but I got one locally. You can go to http://www.willowsguitar.com for more info, but the website isn't in English.

Edit: I know the Royals used to go around that price range, but now it says call for price. I guess they raised the price up a bit?

12. dj5

dj5

Sep 17, 2009
    England
    Thanks for your trouble - I'll do that. They look really interesting.

13. No problem!

14. Very nice daydreamer. I have a Willows Spunky as well and it's an excellent bass. Mine is equipped with Lindy Frailins and Hipshot hardware and bridge. I paid about $750 US for mine.

2482461114_3ddd83f0f5.

2482460718_3efe5980bd.

2482461194_c7885cbebd.

15. Lovely colour and look at that grain!

How do you like the Fralins? I was thinking of getting them too, but I decided to try their own pickups first. I might upgrade to Fralins someday.

16. peterchui23

peterchui23

Oct 11, 2008
    Hey I am going to Seoul in the week of 22nd Aug. Wanna to buy one there. Can any one advise the address in Seoul? Any shop in Seoul ?

17. Drooling slightly/bump- that trans-white one is CREAMY. Looks like the body outline might be tweaked a bit, compared to Fender- the lower horn seems a bit thinner..? Nice bass, nice price.

18. cool basses, just a little LOL about the name......that kind of means something else here in the UK.

loving the trans white, i wish more companies would offer that on basses.