Well, we're still in January, and I find myself waiting all day for the epoxy, and soon the clear coat, to dry on my Diva build. So I figured I'd start a walnut Devil bass build. I already posted the wood pile, but I'll post it here again just for consistency. Walnut Devilbass by mapleglo posted Jan 6, 2018 at 10:28 AM I started cutting up the neck laminates yesterday. Or was it the day before? I am starting to lose track of the days. Anyway, I thought I had a major issue as one of the side, wider walnut laminates, developed a severe warp as it came off the saw. This has happened once before - cut a piece of wood in half, one half is straight as an arrow, the other half is Cupid's bow. Last night, I saw I had one piece left over that was wide and tall enough, but had a few imperfections. If I put the major imperfection up by the headstock, it should get cut off during the neck taper. So I cut it to size, and glued up the laminates this morning. Neck Blank Glue Up by mapleglo posted Jan 22, 2018 at 10:54 AM So now I have to wait until that cures, over night. Hmmm, maybe I should start another build... The specs will align with the last Devil bass I built - 33.25" scale, one single coil home wound pickup, hipshot tuners, 5 strings, 2.5" string spacing, and I'm thinking I'll use those single Babicz solorail bridge pieces. One difference will be that I'll be using a walnut figured top, which is on it's way to me as we speak via UPS. That will allow me to chamber the body, especially around the "F" holes, making that potion of the build a little easier. Cutting out those "F" holes in 1.25" maple was one of the more difficult parts of the devil bass builds. I'll also be able to sink an aluminum support into the body for the strap button. I'll focus on the Diva build for this build off, but I should have plenty of time for this one as well, assuming the stars align.