1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Wireless system failure?

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Rakkanick, Apr 12, 2009.

1. I have bought an audio technica 700 UHF wireless system for my bass, and as soon as I plug into it no matter what frequency or what channel I use, I lose about 40 % of my volume. For example I usually play with my master set at 3-4-5 depending on where i play with my band but when I get on my wireless i have to put to 7-8-9 to be heard. So is it me who's not using it right or is it the wireless system that's cheap and if it is cheap any suggestion of a better one?

2. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Active or passive bass? If you haven't, try it with an active bass.

3. sorry my bad, yeah my bass is an active bass, its an esp b-404 sm with emg pickups wich i cant remember what model exactly.

4. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Ok, are you sure you have the instrument gain up and the mic gain down on the TX? I can't think of anything else that would cause the low volume.

5. yeah the instrument gain is at full but i will check for the mic volume, if nothing changes ill try changing the special jack that goes with the wireless pack.

thx
    SRN rakkanick

6. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    There might be a trimpot inside the transmitter where you can turn it up. A lot of wirelesses have them, though I don't know if yours does or not.

7. Ditto JimmyM,

I have the same wireless. Check the volume control on the back of the unit and in the transmitter too. Also are you putting your unit on top of your amp? The vibrations from your cab can be a problem too. I now set my rack on the floor and not on the cab.