Wireless systems fo bass and angled jacks

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Tymophil, Dec 28, 2014.

  1. Tymophil


    Aug 16, 2006
    Hi gents,

    I would like to buy a wireless system for my bass. But, I only use angled jacks because with straight ones my right leg bumps in to it, producing an horrible sound.

    Unfortunately most wireless systems use their own plug-in system. Generally, the sets contain a straight jack. Moreover, it is difficult, and pretty expensive, to get an angled one. It also seem that the few wireless brands that sell such a cable, don't produce very reliable ones...

    So... Is there a wireless set that can be used with a good angle cable ? And where can one find such a cable in Europe ?

    Best regards.
  2. DWBass

    DWBass The Funkfather

    Most systems use a cable with a 1/4" jack. Do you have to use a special cable for your bass?
  3. Tymophil


    Aug 16, 2006
    I am talking about the connection into the transmitter, not into the bass. The Sony, for example, seem to use a 1/8" (stereo ?) jack...

    Am I clearer ?
  4. Dmwphoto

    Dmwphoto what does this light/\ do?

    Nov 27, 2013
    Richmond va
    it is not the end that plugs into the bass, it is the end that plugs into the belt/strap pack that is the issue. At least on my Sennheiser
  5. walterw

    walterw Supportive Fender Commercial User

    Feb 20, 2009
    i'm confused, i think different people are talking about right-angle 1/4" plugs to go into the bass (not a big deal, just get one soldered onto the cable) and right-angle mini-plugs at the beltpack, which is just weird.

    for the beltpack, you just mount it on your strap or belt or whatever in such a way that the cable goes straight in the direction you want it to go. my line 6 pack for instance lets you remove and turn the metal spring clip part so it'll mount in any direction.
    s0c9 likes this.
  6. I'm using the pretty-damned-excellent Line 6 G30. It uses a standard quarter inch plug on both ends. The G50, next up in the line, uses a proprietary plug on the transmitter end. Its main advantage is more range, so if you don't need that for where you play, then the G30 is a fine choice with plenty of range, and since it doesn't use a compander circuit (its all digital) its frequency range is wider than my rig is capable of reproducing.
  7. s0c9

    s0c9 Supporting Member

    Jan 9, 2014
    1964 Audio artist, Fractal Audio Beta Tester
  8. Tymophil


    Aug 16, 2006
    Okay, I wasn't clear in my description... I want a 1/4" angled jack and a regular 1/8" jack for a Sony or any connexion that would plug into the transmitter. Just what your links point to in fact.

    Many thanks.
  9. DWBass

    DWBass The Funkfather

  10. I have a Line6 G30 that uses any standard 1/4" jack on both ends (transmitter and Receiver), including right angle. I haven't had any problems whatsoever with this set up.
    Haji likes this.
  11. tjh


    Mar 22, 2006
    yup ... Line 6 G30 and make whatever cable your heart desires as it uses regular 1/4" TS plugs at each end ...
  12. SV777


    Jun 29, 2014
    New York
    I feel your pain. I bought the new Shure digital wireless (great unit btw ) and they just don't make the specific cable for the transmitter with an angled jack.
    So I purchased an identical gold neutrik angled Jack, removed the original straight Jack and soldered the new one to the cable that goes to transmitter. Worked perfect!
  13. DWBass

    DWBass The Funkfather

    Are you looking for an angled cable to the bass or to the transmitter? I'm still not quite clear what you're looking for? I posted a link to a cable with an angled plug to the bass specifically for the Shure units. Here is a link for both styles.

  14. PCR


    Apr 11, 2008

    You mean like this?


    Last edited: Jan 10, 2015