1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wireless

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by CellcystBass, Sep 1, 2008.

1. CellcystBass

CellcystBass

Sep 1, 2008
    I'm interested in picking up a new wireless system for my bass, but I'm not sure who I should go with. I used to play with a Shure, the type that had the little bug, but it's seen the last of it's days.

I play in a metal band and we tend to get crazy on stage, so I need something that's gonna be rather durable and secure.

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    X2. Best wireless ever, now with metal casing.

3. I am sold on the X2 system after seeing it in action. Its on my list of must haves..

4. CellcystBass

CellcystBass

Sep 1, 2008
  5. that's the one

6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    I was talking about this one, actually:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-X2-XDS-PLUS-Digital-Wireless-Instrument-System-271299-i1391931.gc

But I see it has a metal receiver and not a metal transmitter. I thought it had a metal transmitter box, too. The one you linked to is the one I have. I wouldn't say it's so rugged you can bang it around, but I've dropped it a couple times and it still works.

7. scootron

scootron Supporting Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Moved to Texas
    I had a Samson wireless, the one that uses the bug. That was nice because there was no cable or body pack, just the small bug to plug into your bass. It worked great for me, too.

8. Rooster009

Rooster009

Feb 27, 2008
    I use the AKG sr 40 single pro. It hasn't failed me in the 2 years i've had it. real clean sounding and compact.

9. bassninja7

bassninja7

Mar 1, 2008
    Napoleon, OH
    http://www.myspace.com/publicface
    does it sound like your real tone?

like you using a cable?
    ive also heard that the cable from the bass is a POS....

10. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    The X2 sounds more like a cable than any other wireless I've ever used, and I've used a lot. Now the transmitter cable, I wouldn't call it a bad cable, but I've also seen better.

11. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN

Giant +1 on this. The range isn't great, but it's more than serviceable for the price.

The cable isn't great, but Butch at Bayou Audio can make you a nice one in any length with any connector you wish.

Edited to add: while the cable doesn't look or feel substantial, I never had any problem with mine.