1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wiring diagram, help needed (2 pickups, 1 volume, no tone)

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Sickboy98, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Sickboy98

Sickboy98

Sep 8, 2017
    Hi,

I have an old Aria Pro bass that I got for nothing, old and very beat up. (see picture. Not mine but exactly the same model) Been restoring it, mostly for fun and for the learning experience, learning to spray paint and so on.

Now the electronics. I'm going to use the original pickup that was in the bass, some big soap bar style pickup but with a nice sound, and I have also added a mini humbucker in the neck position.

These I want to use with 1 volume control and a 3-way switch. No tone control.

Could someone please help me with a simple diagram or description for the best way to do this?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  2. fermata

fermata

Nov 10, 2015
    Mountain West
    It's pretty simple. Here's one of line6man's excellent diagrams, modified to fit your needs. Wire your hot pickup leads to the switch (A and B), then wire the switch to the volume control (C) and your negative/ground leads to the back of the pot. Run a wire from the wiper (center lug) of the volume pot to the output jack tip and a ground wire from the back of the pot to the output jack sleeve, and you're set!
    4365822719_b461b36989_o.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017