1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wiring schematics for Sire V7 5 bass

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Abass76, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Abass76

Abass76 Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2013
    I need some help!!! Anybody that has a Sire V7 Marcus Miller 5 know where I can find the schematics for the electronics? Sire guitars was nice enough to send me out another volume/tone pot. The original one on the bass is no good when I open the control plate all the wires came loose. So I don't know which wires connect to the volume pot.

2. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

You're probably best off contacting them to explain your situation, and ask them to send you one.

I haven't seen any Sire wiring diagrams posted publicly yet.

3. Abass76

Sep 27, 2013
    OK thanks!!! I did email them also.

4. JLindJazz

JLindJazz Commercial User

Feb 26, 2016

5. JLindJazz

JLindJazz Commercial User

Feb 26, 2016
    Can they send you a schematic diagram? That's not good quality control if your pots have to be replace. I plan on replacing everything any way. If you need help. Give me a call. I'm good with schematics. 312-521-9372

Abass76 likes this.
  6. Abass76

Sep 27, 2013
    OK. Thanks.

7. Ricky Risquez

Ricky Risquez

May 17, 2016
    My tone/volume stack pot broke off! The repair guy at my local shop told me i needed to order one from them, or ask for the schematic diagram or electronics diagram to see if we could just buy another one that would work similarly. Really interested to see what they say to me, but I'm very stressed because I need the bass for a gig very soon.

8. wcriley

wcriley

Apr 5, 2010
    Western PA
    You need to take the instrument to a real "repair guy".
    Tone and volume control wiring is simple and shouldn't require a schematic to fix.
    Most pots have the value and taper imprinted on them, and if not can be easily measured.

40Hz likes this.
  9. Funkinthetrunk

Funkinthetrunk Registered User Supporting Member

I opened mine up to see if I can lend you a hand, but my pots are soldered directly to a circuit board....sorry.

How did that happen? Did you smack it or something?

10. Intenzity

Intenzity

Oct 15, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Anyone know the resistance needed for the pots? I have bent one :( and need to get a new one, but not sure what one will work...300k 150k? Anyone know?

11. were you able to get a wiring schematic from Sire???

12. jay1000

jay1000

Mar 23, 2018
    Wales , UK
    Hi did anyone manage to get details of a replacement volume / tone pot as I have also broke mine today and have no idea which one I need to replace it with .

13. Rapisme

Rapisme Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    Yep was curious myself?

14. Rapisme

Rapisme Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    Anybody ever get a wiring diagram for the V7 Preamp?