Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Reverend G-Money, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Hey guys, my band played with El Pus last night in Hollywood, CA at the Key Club.

WOODCHUCK RIPS!!! nice to finally meet the cat. Very friendly (and a HELLUVA NICE GK rig.... Daniel, do i get a call too??? :p ), and a great bassist.

anyway make sure you guys see El Pus if they come through.. great group of guys and a killer band at that...

wOrd. :cool:
  2. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    which bass he played?
  3. he was playing a 5 string yamaha.. one of the re-issues.. he said he's getting 5 (yikes) of them... i hadn't heard the GK Neo 412 yet either... FANTASTIC. They are in Vegas on Saturday, he said he's gonna stop by and hit Adrian. I passed my best wishes along to tummy-boy myself...
  4. oh yeah, not like aybody is really reading this (hahaha..) but we had to FOLLOW Woodchuck's band last night. we were a late minute addition but we got to close instead of play at 8:00...
  5. malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Great to hear. Woodchuck's a great guy. If El Pus comes through the Detroit / Ann Arbor area, I'm there.

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I'll keep an eye out ;)

Mmm sunny PA.
  7. Woodchuck is on MTV as I type this! El Plus is being featured on a show called Advance Warning. He was playing an orange-y Yamaha reissue in one of the shots (that's how I initially made the connection). It sounds like good things are coming to Woodchuck and his band. Pretty cool to see a TB member on the tube.
  8. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Pontiac Phoenix Center, Detroit, MI 7/31/2005

Tour info from http://www.elpus.com/

Nothing in Southern NE, closest is Western Mass,
    Northampton. :rolleyes:
  9. PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    I saw his mug in the Fender Frontline 2005 catalogue, too.

You know you've made it when.. :p
    Good work Woodchuck.
  10. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    You guys are too kind!!!! I'm having a great time......so far! It was cool meeting the good Reverend, but don't let him fool you, his band rips as well. I love horn driven ska. The cd is killer bro! I had to rep my family on MTV, so I wore my TB t shirt. I'll try to keep in touch as much as possible.
  11. Kind words most appreciated!!! we were bumping your disc on the ride home from Humboldt yesterday!!! Whoa whoa whoa whoa!!!!!

i'm hooked... kids, buy and go see El Pus!!!!!