1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Wooten tab request pweeeez

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by kovachian, Mar 27, 2006.

1. kovachian

kovachian

Nov 5, 2005
    This vid just floors me every time I see it. I guess I might be able to figure the simpler parts, but there's other parts that are just...damn.

Here's the clip:

I suppose tabbing a video would be a tiny bit easier than having just the audio? There's some tricky stuff in here, so I won't hold my breath!:meh:

2. The tapping part is Norweigian Wood, and the part right after that is Sex in a Pan. I thought i heard a little Me and My Bass Guitar before all that, but it might have just been similar to it.

btw, what video is that from?

3. kovachian

kovachian

Nov 5, 2005
    I think it's from his Bass Solo Technique dvd. I don't have the actual disc, I d/led it off LimeWire and uploaded a small portion of it to YouTube.

4. EmmSee

EmmSee

May 23, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Wow, I thought I had every Wooten vhs/dvd ... good question, where is this from?! Is it from the Carter Beauford/Wooten vid? I know Vic plays solo at the end in a similar fashion, i forget if this was from that or not.

5. kovachian

kovachian

Nov 5, 2005
    Hmm...I didn't know this was such an obscure video, as I've been told by several Wooten fans that they've never seen this before. I'm honestly not sure which vid this is part of. I think it's "Bass Solo Technique"? I have the vid in (most of) it's entirety but not the very beginning so I don't know what the title is. I'd upload the whole vid if I could, but there's nowhere to host a 698MB file. I'd be stoked to find the accompanying tablature to this, if there happens to be such a thing.

6. GSRLessard14

GSRLessard14 All-Things-Claypool Enthusiast

Jun 23, 2005
    Newington, CT
    Seems like the audio is delayed a little bit.... or he's just insanely good, as always.

7. kovachian

kovachian

Nov 5, 2005
    Yes, the audio is in fact delayed. It plays just fine on my comp though. That's why I converted it to wmv and reuploaded, in a feeble attempt to make the vid look right. Damn YouTube is screwin' up on me again.

8. Bass_Machine

Bass_Machine

Oct 29, 2004
    UK
    Man, I'd love to have a tab of that. So insanely funky at the beginning.

Wooten is such a talented guy, it makes me ill :p

Seriously though, someone tab that out posthaste!

9. his transcription book has a some of those songs