workingman's 15 combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tramp, Sep 13, 2004.

1. tramp

Mar 5, 2004
    South Louisiana
    Anyone out there using an swr workingman's 15 combo? What kind of music do you play and how do you like this amp?
  2. Lyle Caldwell

Lyle Caldwell

Sep 7, 2004
    I looked very seriously at the WM 15 but in the end went with the WM 12. Just sounded much better to me with tighter lows and no hollow sound to the mids.

YMMV, but do check out the WM 12 as well.

They're both built like tanks and sound very good- they just sound different.

I play pop, rock, hard rock (Zep, STP, PJ kinda stuff), soul, and reggae, btw.
  3. i've used a WM15 for several years....for a low price combo it can't be beat IMO...I've used it for everything from praise and worship, jam band stuff, funk, and rock....did all of em with out missing a beat

I love it, lots of great features...a lil odd to carry but I've carried worse...

if you can get one at a good price, do yourself a favor and GET IT

i'm just using mine at church now since I bought a Traynor YBA2oo and Schroeder1210 (can't wait to get it!!!)
  4. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    I had the first generation WM's 15 combo for two years and it was great! It was loud, light, and had good tone. What else is there to say?
  5. tramp

Mar 5, 2004
    South Louisiana
    I bought the workingman 15 combo and I paid $570 plus tax, which I thought was a good price. I love this amp. I have a small dolly (it carrys 90 lbs) I use to carry this amp. The wheels on the back are ackward to roll. I am still trying to get my settings right for that warm deep clear sound. I play swamp pop, 50's rock & roll, rythmn & blues and a little funk. If you could post what your settings are on this amp, I will give it a shot and see how it sounds. I have a 78 fender precision and an 87 g&l sb1, both with emg pickups. I left my settings at home this morning, but tomorrow I will post them. While you are at it, check out our website below.
  6. kansas666

Sep 20, 2004
    I've had the WM15 for about 4 years now. I play with an additional cabinet for the extra thump and so the controls are more accessible. We play classic rock in clubs. You can carry it. But I usually use a dolly.

I play a Musicman Stingray 4, and between the 2 I have no trouble getting good tone.
  7. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    my pal has one
    i hate combos but i give the wm 15 and wm 12 big thumbs up