1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

worse bands and singers ever!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by BassGirl1122, Nov 29, 2010.

1. again, if anybody in any of these are members of TB sorry! If you didn't want to be picked on, ya'll shouldn't of put on YouTube, right?? ok a couple may be kids, but my poor ears!

2. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    Thanks for sharing. Glad I've not had lunch yet. Pretty bad. :rollno:

3. Michael Vee

Michael Vee Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    That third one ("Iron Man") is priceless! I cracked up.

4. Maybe someone else put 'em on Youtube in retaliation! :D

I spit my coffee everytime the "Iron Man" drummer played a bar of 3/4! :help:

I kept waiting for the guitar player to go kick him off his throne!!!

5. gttim

gttim

Dec 12, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Think the drummer was using a click track on Ironman?

6. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Most of those acts are kids, and obviously are beginners.
    Like we were all awesome, tight and polished the first year we picked up an instrument.:rollno:

Picking on some beginner kids is sorta like kicking a puppy. But some puppies grow up to be pit bulls.

But if critiqing some beginner junior high kids makes you feel better about your playing, go right ahead.

7. Ewo

Ewo a/k/a Steve Cooper Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Huntington WV
    Why, bless their hearts! :bag:

(The C&W clip kinda reminded me of gamelan music, at first...)

8. Ewo

Ewo a/k/a Steve Cooper Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Huntington WV
    True enough. My first bands stank, too. And my playing was lame, yep.

I lucked out: that was before the You Tube era!

9. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oh hell, someday when they're all rockstar millionaires these kids will look back at these and have a good laugh. I did.

Come to think of it, they sound rather uncannily like my band...

10. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Most folks are smarter than me. Back then, we were dumb enough to think we were good, and we would have posted our crap all over, and then be pissed off that no-one else could see our talent. Meh, they were all jealous of us back then anyway.......:D

11. mmm, and I'm worried about getting my playing and singing down close to perfect with the acoustic(side stuff I'm working on when not playing bass, see link below if interested!)

12. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    They don't have to be rockstar millionaires to get a laugh.

The last time I heard one of my high school recordings, I felt sensations of laughter and pain simultaneously.

13. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    You're not totally wrong. However - awesome, tight and polished won't make timing and vocal issues go away. My cousin (whom I love like a brother) had timing and vocal issues when we had our first band in 1965, ages 12and 14. Through all of the years of playing and singing since, nothing has changed. I know of other such examples, but this is the classic example.

Yes, but other issues can be resolved with practice and experience. RE: I had my first bass for about a month or two when my uncle took me to my first audition. I sucked and they, of course, turned my down. But, in time, I became way better and played in bands better than that first one. There you go my friend. :cool:

14. yea, that's why I acknowledged that some were kids. They are normally gonna sound kinda raw and inexperienced. They are doing better than me when I was a kid...at least they are in a band and trying-which is more than I can say I did when I was their ages..
    But I think I know now why I was sick and hugging the toilet at 5 AM this morning..lol!

15. Sliderbass

Sliderbass Dr. Bass, The best cabinet you'll NEVER own!

...was around in the 70's & 80's? That would be funny stuff for sure!

16. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Bob Dylan - Christmas In the Heart album

I laugh at it.

17. Thank god You Tube was not around when I first started because all my early bands sucked. That's how you learn however. Even now we try to approve all our videos for sound/video quality before they are uploaded. Sometimes a fan will post a homemade video taken at a gig and we just cringe because they always zoom in and out like crazy and the sound sucks.

18. The videos that are kids playing, I can't reasonably rip on at all, it isn't really fair. Almost everyone sucks when they start, just having enough balls to get up there in the first place should be enough to give them a little credit.

The 2nd video posted though, honestly, I can't even figure out what it's supposed to be, it's just really weird sounding.

19. Sensitivity sucks. So do these kids. Learning from recorded suckage will only occur if someone points it out. I myself was not very good when I first started out, and the last time I played anything live it was a travesty. Alas, it isn't on youtube to the best of my knowledge. If it is, flame on!

20. plangentmusic

plangentmusic Banned

Jun 30, 2010
    Manhattan
    I don't find bad music funny.