1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Worst band name you have ever heard.

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by bobyoung53, Apr 15, 2019.

Tags:
  1. I used to play with a drummer (of course) who was in a band called, ready? Mass Eruption!:roflmao: (Mass was the old abbreviation for Massachusetts), I laugh every time I think of it. Anytime I'm in a new band situation and we start tossing around names I pull it just to get a reaction and it gets plenty. Got any really bad band names that can rival that one? I shudder as I await your bad names.

2. “Eticer” (Entice Her)
    “Southern Seduction”

3. Those are definitely both pretty bad but Southern Seduction:roflmao: is REALLY bad, that one rivals Mass Eruption.

the harp unstrung likes this.
  4. Adolph Hitler's Nipples

5. Thundar

Thundar Living in sin at the Holiday Inn

Singer : "Hey I wanna start playing out again but I think we need to change the name of the band"
    Me : "Ok cool!! whats the name?" ( I was REALLY excited about getting back out and playing again)
    Singer : "well me and the other guys decided on HANDS OF SOUL cause you use your hands to......
    Me : "Dude....I'm out"

6. I just remembered my friend's old punk band:

Electrical Testickle

7. Serious?

8. When I was a kid there was a local rock band called The Magic Memories, and thing is they were not a wedding band which is what it sounded like to me.

9. Totally serious. The guitarist and bass player/singer were brothers. Both totally insane and always inspiring each other to new lows in comedy.

RIP John Porter: We just lost him in January. :crying:

10. A mate’s high school band. Never had the pleasure of hearing them, I just saw the name on his old kick drum skin (and lol).

bobyoung53 likes this.
  11. biguglyman

biguglyman

Jul 27, 2017
    Rochester, NY
    I was in a band many years ago between semesters at college. We argued for a week over the name. It had to be unanimous. Finally, to break the deadlock, we had each guy put his three favorite ideas in a hat with the understanding that whatever came out was the name...period. What was pulled out of the hat had never even been suggested by anybody, but rules are rules...and so we became: Skywatch

sky1.jpg
    sky2.jpg

12. Element Zero

Element Zero Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2016
    California
    There’s tons of supremely awful names in the death/gore metal genre.

13. Thumpin6string

Thumpin6string Supporting Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Redding CA
    For me, I never could stand the "Butthole Surfers". Never liked their music either.

lat, ccfalkner, Bobro and 14 others like this.
  14. Chrishi87

Chrishi87

Aug 17, 2010
    Bremen
    We butter the bread with butter

Eskimo Callboy *great band though*

We´ve got a band called: Coitus Drive-In

1bassleft, Bobro, Gunga Din and 2 others like this.
  15. Justice Wolf. Nice guys. Horrific name.

MattZilla and bobyoung53 like this.
  16. RissKippery

RissKippery Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2016
    Snake Piss

17. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    Until now, I thought Whitesnake was really unfortunate a band name.

18. Doctor J

Doctor J

Dec 23, 2005
    Morgue-asm

19. bassbones2

bassbones2 Supporting Member

Dec 31, 2013
    Nicholasville Kentucky
    How about a Christian metal band named “Pastor of Muppets”?

JB

20. I was in a band called “The Lonesome Three” for a couple days until someone called us the lonesome threesome

bobyoung53, Winoman, Bobro and 8 others like this.