Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Would cost between $5000-$6000?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Reverend G-Money, Oct 29, 2004.

1. I think no!
    Bad example to sell the bass quickly!
    IMHO!

Vince

2. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    i saw that same bass for sale on ebay when i joined talkbass a year ago.

3. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    They can make any claims that they want, but nobody has to bid on their auction. I've never heard of Madden before. Anyone know who this builder is?

4. They say the maple has a very nice flame to it, I think the flame is pretty bad and shouldn't even be considered a flame top.

5. +1

6. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes! Supporting Member

Both the $5000 and the $6000 have one too many zero's! And it is STILL butt-ugly!

Dan K.

7. hippiesandwich

hippiesandwich

Aug 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Affiliated with Looperlative Audio Products
    Hmmm... looks like a Galveston that is "happy to see you". :D

8. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Yah.. it does kinda remind me of a Glaveston, but the craftsmanship looks better. Assuming it played nicely and the top had more than a very weak or nonexistant flame, I could see someone paying $1000 for it, but definately not over ebay...

9. I don't like the layout of the controls. They are stacked too close together. :spit:

10. BruceWane

BruceWane

Oct 31, 2002
    Houston, TX
    What's the point in having that long, long upper horn if you're gonna put the strap button way back in the middle of it? It's a great idea to add an extra half pound of wood on the wrong side of the strap - if you're actually trying for neck-dive.........