1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Wow simpsons theme song on bass

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Outlaw_son, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Outlaw_son

Outlaw_son

Mar 8, 2007
    Omahell
    Man i just found this. This dude seems pretty amazing and makes me feel a liitle more amateurish:(

2. erix

erix

Sep 24, 2005
    Washington DC
    You probably also have seen Stuart Clayton's version of it:

3. Barkless Dog

Barkless Dog Barkless to a point

Jan 19, 2007
    The first one seemed kind of sloppy & awkward & the second seemed more fluid and musical.

Just my opinion.

4. i think i remember that first guy being a tb'er...i dunno if he still posts

5. I don't know if there's a better version... but the goofy looks are a huge plus lol

6. Wolfehollow

Wolfehollow

Jan 21, 2003
    Pensacola, FL
    second one is great but the goofy looks are a plus!!!

Am I the only one you cant stand that sound... the clacky tap sound?

I am impressed and jealous of that ability, but the sound it produces keeps me from learning that technique... just not pleasing to my ear. Am I alone in this?

7. Otso

Otso

Mar 6, 2006
    Finland
    +1 The only tapper with decent tone I've ever heard was that one armed bassplayer, can't remember his name though.

8. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    No, you're not alone.

9. erix

erix

Sep 24, 2005
    Washington DC
    Good tapping sound requires good bass, good amp, some effetcs and good fingers! Sometimes it can be very nice.

10. nope,me neither.....as a purely technical exercise,i'm impressed,but as a musical experience it does nothing for me