1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

WOW

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by joebingo, Apr 8, 2009.

1. joebingo

joebingo

Aug 23, 2006
    London, UK
  2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Nice looking bass. Idk about the blocks, they were standard in the 70's, but for my money, I'd get a vintage reissue, like a '75.

3. Seems like someone trying to sell a reissue as if it were a real vintage Fender... Note that he doesn't actually say that it is a vintage Fender. Just that it's "rare". Just my opinion, but that's how it looks.

4. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I'm pretty sure that block inlays came in '74...Ish.

5. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    I think ivory blocks on rosewood started around 68...

6. The Wrench

The Wrench

Feb 13, 2009
    Raleigh, NC
    According to my docs, binding started in early '66 on the "high end" instruments. The Jazz was considered a high end instrument. Blocks came in a few months later, in mid to late 66. Sounds legit...

7. Belka

Belka

Dec 10, 2003
    Kiev, Ukraine
    Sexy Time!

I would kill for that.

8. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi

Block inlays and neck binding were standard on Jazz basses starting very early in '66. The first run of '66s had dots and binding but they switched very quickly. Bass looks pretty authentic to me. Have to see the pots, take the pickguard off, etc but from the 3 photos, Id say get some more info if you are interested. The white with the matching headstock make it very rare. Most were sunburst

Rob

9. joebingo

joebingo

Aug 23, 2006
    London, UK
    I wish I had the money to be interested lol. I was just posting out of the sheer beauty of the colour combination w/ blocks.

10. BillyRay

BillyRay Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2008
    Quebec
    That does look good.

11. Your41Plague12

Your41Plague12

Oct 30, 2007
    That looks damn good and looks legit, too. If I had the money I would have it by now.

12. ProfGumby

ProfGumby

Jan 15, 2007
    Michigan's U.P.
    Oh man, I don't care if it is real or not, that is some very high class bass pron right there.....:hyper:

And I do believe that Fender used blocks in 69....but cannot back it up with anything other than my belief....Still, Mother of all Creatures Great and Small! That is one sexy looking bass!

And, FWIW, that neck was made on my 5th birthday! :)