1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wring..................

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by dremy2006, May 11, 2010.

1. J neck pickup and MM bridge pickup….. I need a wiring diagram on how to wire a jazz/mm setup in passive mode.. if anyone can help that would be great… J pickup has two wires and MM pickup has five..both are bartolini p/u

thank you

2. Wiring will depend on the pickup color code, and also, whether you want series or parallel for the MM pickup?

3. wring wring. Hello how are you? :bag:

4. Bardley

Bardley

Nov 16, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    LOL

5. ...well... I'm wiring it in passive mode... I have it wired already... but when I turn up..(all the way) it starts to distort....

6. if it is passive and it start to distort, then your amp input is not handling the hot signal well. You may have to lower the pickup or maybe wire the coils in parallel.

7. That has absolutely nothing to do with the bass then.

A passive setup means exactly as the name states... all components used are passive.

For distortion to occur, that would have to imply that there is a gain stage that is being pushed beyond it's ability to reproduce the waveform without the peaks flattening out. A passive setup contains no transistors or other amplifying components, it has only resistors and capacitors.

Those resistors and capacitors can take a signal MANY TIMES greater than anything your bass is capable of producing, and no distortion of the waveform will occur.

As joeyl stated, check your amp, and lower your pickups.

8. ...what you mean by lower my pickups..?? you mean screw the scews down..??? :rolleyes: :help:..

and thank you all again

9. yes, screw the pickup down so that is farther away from the strings

10. Turn the pickup screws clockwise until their height is lowered.

11. thank you all... and this is how its wired... the red and blk is to the hot and the bear wire, white and green are ground....

12. Parallel...

13. ....ok..lmbo... I didn't know what it was..... thanks again....!! :hyper:

14. btw you build very nice instruments

15. dremy2006,
    Are you selling basses, or just building them for yourself?

I don't mean to be rude, but anyone who is building instruments should at least know what lowering the pickups means.

Seems odd to me.:meh: