1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

WT800 / LMT800 / TC RH450 / TC RH750...help?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by monkgotgroove, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Dilema...

Option 1:I found a WT800 for $600. I played it, sounds awesome, more power than I'll need for the foreseeable future.

Option 2: MB LT800 - I love the tone it's $80 more (same power at 4ohms as the Eden - but can't kick it up to 8ohms) - but again, I like the tone better.... so far

Option 3: I hear great things about TC's heads, but they're nowhere to be found where I live - I love the idea of the presets, the tuner, the pedal option, & their tube... but I can't play it anywhere.

So, as a long time lurker, first time poster, I'll ask if anyone has any thoughts on which option would be best - I play a five string active/passive & a variety of styles - funk/jazz/jamband..

I'll also welcome some cabinet thoughts if anyone has them!

thanks!

2. GrowlerBox

GrowlerBox

Feb 10, 2010
    Nude Zealand
    I really like my RH450. It doesn't have a tube (and neither does the RH750 or the Blacksmith, or the BH500, for that matter), but "Tubetone", an emulator, which for my money does a great job. Hard to beat them for features, but they do have a "voice" which you will like or not. Lots of descriptions of their tone in various threads, but hard to write a cheque on that basis. I bought mine unheard, and consider myself lucky.

3. Ncognito

Ncognito Banned Commercial User

Jan 8, 2002
    Hoffman Estates, Illinois
    Owner, Xsonics Bass Cabinets
    The Eden WT800 is a proven road-warrior. That's my recommendation!!!

4. TomB

TomB Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Vermont
    I am comfortable with the Eden myself for live work; no criticism of the other choices is intended.

5. Much appreciated on the replies - I've heard such great things on the RH450 / RH750 but just can't make the plunge w/o hearing it - I'm leaning towards the WT800 (it's a "C") which I hear has had problems? Any thoughts on that?

6. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    get the eden and put some money aside incase it gives you trouble. fixing it would be well worth your $$$$$ vs. tone!!

7. +1

8. One Drop

One Drop

Oct 10, 2004
    Swiss Alps
    A few years a go I would have said the WT800 in a heartbeat.

Now, I would say a TC RH750 would be a hard choice to argue against. I think you could get close to the Eden tone with one (clean, warm, and with a bit of attenuation of the highs), but not vice-versa without pedals.

9. Jenra

Jenra

Feb 18, 2011
    Aalborg - Denmark
    idd say TC but ive also got the RH450 and its a beast with so many features n voices ! i can only recommend it - btw good luck!

10. Bassliner

Bassliner

Mar 15, 2005
    Rotterdam
    Recently got my Markbass LMT500, and would recommend it to anyone to be honest. Combined it with the two tiny cabs (NY 121's).
    I plug my 70's Fender Jazzbasses and Andre vd End 5-string in it, playing mostly pop, funk, world stuff on them..
    I never really liked Eden's stuff, though I have to admit it's been years since I've tried any of that stuff. Always had the feeling the cabs especially are so crystal clear it sounds artificial, but as I said; That may have been my experience 6 years ago ;) Ears, perception or preference can change ;)

11. thereturnfc

thereturnfc

Oct 16, 2010
    I used tc rh450 as my first bass amp ever owned, I play with a few bigger amps from Rehersal before
    After 8-9 month of owning it and gig three times a month around school n places
    I must say if u looking at it with kinda vantage non super hifi tone for some smooth stuff , pop jazz or funk, rock
    This could be it , tho I think amp perform fine when slap but to my taste not as great like some gk's or etc but I admit that I won't sell this amp)(unless going for rh750 and tweeter tone which I might when I find used), a must keep , clean voicing , good for travel ( around the world) worthy gear for me