WW m100-8 red light

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by manju, Dec 23, 2005.

1. manju

Dec 4, 2004
    Im looking for this amps in good condition, send to Germany
  2. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
  3. Tbeers

Mar 27, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    That price is terrible. Look around and wait for the right one!

I bought a WW MI-100 in August, dead mint condition from 1992, with XLR output on the front. $815 shipped to my door.
  4. Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    The price is really inflated, and I wouldn't buy anything from Bass Palace anyway. In my experience, if there is a problem with the amp you can expect no response from Bob (the owner) at all. Awful. You can also expect no bail-out from Walter, because there are no parts available to fix the early WW's

Caveat emptor!
  5. This is not true about Walter.He repaired my 1982 model this year w. original Motorola parts he has.In fact he has a 20 year stash.Now getting a hold of him is another thing...HappY New Year.
  6. Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    Consider me corrected. I have talked to several people who have said he is out of parts for the early models, and I confirmed this last year with Walter himself when I thought about buying one. But if he's got parts, he's got parts.
  7. Why wouldn't you buy anything from BAss Palace?
  8. Reefer

Reefer Guest

Mar 9, 2003
    The MI-225 is the model that parts are not available for.
  9. Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    Long and short of it is...I bought a used Smith slab from them at a guitar show. I noticed during the sale that a pickup was cracked. Bob told me he would get me a replacement. After 6 months and 6 or 7 emails, no replacement ever came. I gave up.

Really the only time I've ever been out and out screwed/lied to by a dealer, so it kind of sticks in my mind.

Sorry, at this point it looks like I've really clouded this thread with either misinformation or vindictive warnings about dealers...I especially apologize for spouting misinformation about the 100/225. It was indeed a 225 I was inquiring about.
  10. Ric Vice

Ric Vice Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Olivette, Missouri
    I"ll venture an educated guess that one of the reasons Walter can't repair the old MI 225's is they are a different design than most of his amplifiers.

As I recall they have two power amplifiers, that are bridged together in mono to get the power to the 225 watt level. That's a unique design even for Walter. At the time they were built, that's evidently the most Walter could get out of a digital power amp.

He also built a few Four Channel version of this amplifier with four power sections for those early synth drums. Here's a picture I found recently. Notice, that it has two sets of ventilation slits.