1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

X-Wire is Back!!!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by kulasterol, Nov 2, 2006.

1. kulasterol

kulasterol Supporting Member

Jul 17, 2003
    Lookie here folks.....http://www.x2digitalwireless.com/ ......looks like Guy and the folks at Sacramento (now called X2) are back in business. Too bad they won't be repairing the original xWire digital wireless systems, but at least they haven't totally abandoned this technology. I just hope they don't sell this one to Sennheiser too. XD units are supposedly in production and should be available by late Dec/early Jan?? Check website updates for retail outlets and availability dates.

[​IMG]

2. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Interesting. The specs look good, even for us 5-stringers. I must admit, I know very little about these, but people speak very favorably of them. Any word on street prices for the bass unit?

3. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    Eastern North Dakota
    Looks interesting. I like the small size of the receiver especially. List price $499 means street of what...maybe $399 or so.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I dunno how I feel. I was never too fond of stomp box recievers.

5. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Inactive

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF

+1.

If you run FX guess it saves some cable, but, I'd rather have it up high protected in a rack somewhere...

$400 is awfully expensive for a "pedal" that can accidentally trashed if someone falls over your board!!

6. I'm excited to see this too!

And I live near the place!

7. kulasterol

Jul 17, 2003

Well, head on down to their shop and see if they'll let you beta test one....then let us know how it goes! :hyper:

btw, I'm in Vacaville.

8. Mario Lewis

Mario Lewis

Jul 6, 2001
    Clinton, MD
    I'm so freakin' glad to see this!!

Hoarders of the familiar 2 space unit and the un-availablity of repairs or warranty service have made the older units dinosaurs... and folks still want to sell them for $400-$600.

The receiver unit was always pretty light to be so big so I guess they improved on the design. for $499 retail... and maybe $300 street.... I'm in!!

And it appears that the new receiver can be velcro'ed to the top of the rack or on the side in lieu of on a stomp rack... I may need to go back and read the specs again...

EAT DIRT YOU GREEDY XWIRE HOARDERS !!!

I'm getting this as soon as it becomes available!!

9. I was hoping you'd be able to do that, FT. :smug:

BTW, shoot me a PM/EM about the X2 when you get a chance.

-Dave

10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Issa stirr mada prastic.

11. Basshole

Basshole Inactive

Jan 28, 2005
    mabe so, butta my x-wire stirr kick ass, and dis looka good too.

12. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Hmm...I'll have to keep an eye on this. I was just recently considering selling my XWire. Guess I wouldn't get the high dollars for it now. :meh: This may make it easier to find spare transmitters for the older 905 now, though.

13. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Same to you!:p

14. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    I am so gonna buy this, if it lives up to the name it carries. I was looking at Shure ULX, but in Europe only the ulxp series is available and that costs something like $1400 which, ok, I'm just not gonna spend for a wireless. This one works in a frequency that is legal in Greece (which is the reason why I didn't buy a shure ulxs from the states), goes even lower than the ulx, costs less, I'm sold. I'll just wait for the first reviews to be sure this is as good as it promises to be.
    And worrying about it being a stompbox is silly, just leave it on your amp if you're afraid you'll walk over it!

15. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    hmm...maybe I should sell my original x wire before word on these new ones spreads too much. I could probably replace it with one of these new ones and come out ahead on the deal.

16. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Inactive

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF

More than likely, seeing as the last one here sold for about $500... ;)

17. kulasterol

Jul 17, 2003
    Personally, I'd wait till I confirm this is better than my original x-wire rack system.

18. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Still wish it came in a rackmountable version.

19. +1 For sure...

Maybe they'll introduce a rackmount kit/hardware in the future.

I'm not in the market right now, but I WILL go check this out.

20. LizzyD

LizzyD Chocoholic

Oct 15, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Just found this thread while doing a little wireless research. I actually really like the idea that this new version isn't rackmount, because I use different rigs with different bands. I carry a small pedalboard back and forth, so it would be perfect for me to just add it to that.

Still I think they would be smart to offer it in a rackmount version, or at least sell a rack kit that goes with it.

I'm totally putting this on my X-mas list...ha ha, get it? X-mas! :D