Yamaha BBNE2 in 2022

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sean Gill, Jan 7, 2022.

1. Sean Gill

Sean Gill

Dec 31, 2021
    Hi everyone.

So I've been hunting for a bass for studio duties and have come down to either a yamaha bbne2 or a 5 string Sadowsky. The genres I'm looking to use this bass for would be along the lines of deep house, french house, uk garage, soul, r&b, and pop.

I was wondering if y'all had any experience with the yamaha and what your take on it is. I know Nathan East is a goat and Daft Punk's RAM is one of my favorite albums of all time(which he did all the bass for with the bbne2) and that people report that the bbne2 always fits well in a mix and is one of the most versatile basses.

I guess my main request here is if anyone can attest to these claims and if there is anyone who has experience with both a sadowsky and a bbne2 to please share their conclusions. Also, if anyone has another recommendation that they'd like to throw out, I'd love to hear!

Thank you so much for your time y'all I'm super new to this site and I've really appreciated all the wisdom I've been able to receive from this community so far. Y'all are the best!

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2022