Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by milo, Oct 27, 2004.

1. milo

Jul 22, 2004

yamaha JM2
    yamaha trb 1006
    yamaha trb 6 II
    yamaha rbx 6 jm

and please tell my why is the yamaha________ best for u.

2. fozzy

Jun 21, 2001
    Riga, Latvia, EU
    It is not!!!!
  3. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    LOL! I'd love to have one of those earlier East sigs.
  4. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France

I believe no-one will be able to tell you which one is "best" if you don't specify what you're after.

5. Only Yamaha I have is probably the best for me......a Yamaha Attitude X (10 yar anniversary model). :)
  6. JM2 all the way! Please dont hurt me :rollno:
  7. milo

Jul 22, 2004
    which one u think is worth of buying.
    all are in the same price range.
    so tell ure opinion.
  8. Funky Doctor

Funky Doctor

Aug 28, 2003
    I think i'll vote for the TRB6 II and yes, I will hurt you needmoney. Actually no I won't...
  9. stubbs

Jun 30, 2004
    TRB1006=Best value, 3 Band Active EQ of the 6II for hundreds less
    TRB6PII=Best bass Yamaha makes, my dream bass. Unbelievable sound
    JM=not bad, just the RBX style isn't my fav
  10. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    I was out in Vancouver last week and tried out a TRB1006. I did not know that Yamaha were making a cheaper TRB until I saw this one. I have been GASsing for TRB6IIP before I went nuts with other GAS items. (Fender MArcus Miller V for sale ;) )

It sounded great. The store seemed to have paid attention to making sure it was set up well. The action was super low. Better than my Sadowsky (I'll have to work on that). Strings were kind of floppy though compared to what I am used to so maybe that made it feel better under the left hand than it really is. Not sure what strings it comes with. The bass sounded good but I would probably spend more and get the TRB6IIP. I certainly like a high C string. First time I played a 6 string. Not that hard to get used to. I also tried the 5 string version of the TRB1006. It was disspointing in that there was not a really warm mwah to it. My 20 year old FrakenFenderKramer 4 string sounds better than the fretless 5iver.
  11. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Don't confuse the TRB6II with the TRB6PII - they're two completely different animals!
  12. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    this is true. sorry about that. I still want the P
  13. Funky Doctor

Funky Doctor

Aug 28, 2003
    You could look around for the older TRB-6P. They go for a bit cheaper than the new "upgraded" ones (due to being second hand and about 12 years old), and they pack some serious booty.
  14. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    I have a fretless BB5000 that I bought in 1994 and I am always looking for its song lost siblings. The bass is amazing. Neck through, a fingerboard like glass, sweet electronics, and the most amazing bridge I've ever seen on a bass, even compared to my Fodera. My workhorse for years.
  15. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    I'm jonesing to try the TRB 1006. Yamaha's el cheapos are usually pretty impressive.