yet another newbie recording question

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Matt R Miller, Aug 21, 2004.

1. Matt R Miller

Matt R Miller

Apr 27, 2003
    Ok right now I'm using Acid Pro 4.0 (demo version) and when I try to record, it doesnt pick anything up. I'm running my bass through a digitech stompbox and going into the Line In on my computer. Is there not enough signal? Should I go through my head instead of the stompbox? Thanks in advance.
  2. Matt I don't know Acid all that well, but it's a cousin to Sound Forge so many of the setup option should be the same. Verify your selection of inputs in the Windows mixer (sndvol32.exe) - it might be set to MIC rather than LINE in (I am assuing you use either an integrated sound circut of a standard PC sound card. Some cards/onboards include their own mixers eg: Delta cards) The other end is the inpout assigned to Acid itself. In SF that is from the Options menu to Preferences, then tthe Wave tab where choicse for both Recording and Playback are made. I have no problem running my bass into my Boss LM-2B limiter pedal then the pedal output to my LINE in and recording in Sound Forge; the levels are a bit low but I can use the software to compensate
  3. cosmodrome

cosmodrome Registered User

Apr 30, 2004
    ****town, Netherlands
    have u activated the line-in volume level on your pc? normally it's muted or all the way down. it's in configscreen ->sounds/advanced settings