Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by theagnesjar, Oct 15, 2004.

1. theagnesjar

Oct 11, 2004
    hey what do you guys think of yorkville heads? I was trying out a 800watt today and it sounded pretty nice, with a lot of options as to sound modification. It's odd though, because all of the yorkville bass amp/speaker combos I've played i've hated. i'm just trying to get a feel for what people think about yorkville.....
  2. Rezdog

Rezdog Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    T.Rez, Canada
    Greetings from the North,
    Yorkville/Traynor make great stuff. It usually does what they say it will do and it's reliable. The 800 watt head is a nice piece of work and sounds great. It's a sleeper and looks pretty cool too. Do the old thread search thing for more info.
  3. soundwave

Oct 2, 2004
    I have used & abused their 15" cabinet with an A4.4 power amp. I also have used (not abused) the 15" xm200 combo - really puts out a great deal of sound for 200 watts. I used the xm400 - I liked the power amp inside (used a separate preamp and it kicked!) but not the preamp & electronics. Have not tried the 800 watt head BUT guess what I found out! The m1610 mixer has 2 of the exact same modules for amps as the xm800 bass head. So, if you already have a preamp or wish to go that route, this would be an alternative. (and double for when you need a separate mixer). I plan to try this setup soon.
  4. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    The new X series BassMaster stuff is top notch. The New Traynor stuff is pretty kicking too.
  5. I have had nothing but good experience with the XS line from Yorkville (XS400 & XS200). I plan on using the XS800H and the XC808 exclusively in the very near future and I have always used Eden rigs in the past so there you go. If Yorkville can cut it with an ex-Eden user that should say a lot. I used to hate Yorkville amps because I personally thought they had a very dead sound, but the XS stuff turned my head around and it doesn't cost absurd amounts of money either. In my opinion Yorkvilles are perfect for the working stiff. Yes, there are better amps but they cost much more.

6. Just had to post the obligatory YORKVILLE ROCKS!!!!@!!%@ :hyper: