1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

You Know You're Old When.....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Kmonk, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Kmonk

Kmonk

Oct 18, 2012
    South Shore, Massachusetts
    Endorsing Artist: Fender, Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings, Nordstrand Pickups, Korg Keyboards
    You know you're old when you check your TV channel lineup and realize that you have never heard of this week's host, musical guest or for that matter most of the cast on Saturday Night Live. Personally, I think it was great when the original "Not Ready For Primetime Players" were on. It was also good when Bill Murray replaced Chevy Chase. But it has not been even remotely funny since Joe Piscopo and Eddie Murphy left in 1983. The show should have been cancelled a long time ago.

2. Don't worry. It won't be long before you can't make out the numbers on the remote. Hopefully you ability to navigate a keyboard will have long passed by then.

3. 5 Wire

5 Wire

Feb 1, 2013
    NorCal
    When, by Thursday morning you can't get out of bed without Ibuprofen or,
    When, you take more than 2 prescription pills a day.

4. St Drogo

St Drogo

Oct 9, 2009
    Netherlands
    You are old when you long more for the past than you hope for the future. Regardless of your age.

5. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I decided that I was old when I started getting sore in the mornings from specific injuries that had healed decades earlier.

When I woke up and my right knee wouldn't support me at first because it was acting up from that car wreck I had back in 1982, then I knew it was pretty much all over for me.

6. pica

pica

Nov 26, 2009
    Michigan
    You know your old when a kid holds open the door for you and calls you sir. :rollno:

7. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Banned

Aug 15, 2010
    ...when the bands you love are getting Lifetime Achievement Awards.

8. It's stuff that doesn't even matter anyhow.

9. What?!? The cast of SNL is of dire importance to many. The first eight years were clearly the only good ones. It has only managed to be on TV for just under 50 years because of the Illuminati. I think it's a big bunch of poopie and I don't want it.

Now get out of my sand box and take your Youtube and your Digital Shorts, and all the tens of millions of fans that were exposed to the show in that manner, and you go tell them to go to heck and die alone. Very important stuff. And very specific gauging for how to determine when one is old.

I turn 30 this year. Do I get to be old yet? Gotta DVR some late night sketch comedy to tell.

10. gaudenti

gaudenti

May 29, 2011
    Moorpark, CA
    I would say...uh...um, what was the question again?

11. BboogieXVII

BboogieXVII

Feb 4, 2013
    jammin
    Your old when you buy a bass rig based mainly on weight considerations.

12. I genuinely think I'm starting to lose my hearing. My wife would attest to it.

Other than that... I played a game w/ my daughter last week while driving home from volleyball and listening to her iPod. The goal was to guess the band. The only one I got besides Mumford & Sons was sorta randomly guessing that a song was by Taylor Swift. I had no idea, but I figured, "hey, there's banjos in this one with a girl singer..." I got those two right. Yay, me.

With my son... He's saying "boss". This started happening a couple weeks ago. One of these days I'll tell him that's what grandpa used to say. :D