Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Your Website

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by villakid 93, Feb 14, 2006.

1. villakid 93

villakid 93 Guest

Dec 27, 2005
    Swayfield, Grantham
    Hello everyone, I haven't been on for a while sorry, but if anyone has their own personal site, post it in here, I'm sure all the other fellow TBers would like to see them.

Click here to see mine

:hyper:
    Ross

2. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    mines the first one in my signature. :)

i'm not an HTML guru so iWeb works perfectly for me. :)

3. Diggler

Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    In my sig...

4. lbpark

lbpark Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Mobile, Al.
    http://www.thehyena.net

A joint effort between myself and a friend. Fair warning, it can be really offensive to some people.

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
  6. In my sig.

eta: my writing is here if you're interested.

7. villakid 93

villakid 93 Guest

Dec 27, 2005
    Swayfield, Grantham
    Mines in my sig too, I haven't got a proper www. one yet and my sites not the best..........

8. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    sig-line.

9. MarkyMark

MarkyMark

Dec 11, 2005
  10. Very nice, Doug. I also use dot mac for my site. I'm still using their basic online page creator. I haven't gotten around to uploading raw HTML yet. Have you considered buying a domain that you can forward to your mac page? It's so much easier to tell someone to go to doug.com instead of web.mac.etc/etc. Just a thought!

Mine is in my sig. I've also found myspace and icompositions to be highly useful as well. They're also in my sig line.

11. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    In the sig, yo!

12. villakid 93

villakid 93 Guest

Dec 27, 2005
    Swayfield, Grantham
    I have tried to tell all my friends to join my forum and sign my guestbook but they won't :(

13. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    Sometimes getting people to sign your guestbook isn't easy...but then again, it really isn't a big deal...as long as you get the website visits..

14. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    thanks! :)

i have about 5 months left on my .Mac subscription. when the deadline approaches i will consider my own domain and just do a true website.

perhaps lots of chrome and flashing lights. ;)

15. villakid 93

villakid 93 Guest

Dec 27, 2005
    Swayfield, Grantham
    :)

16. Doug,
    I'm not sure if you were hip to this or not but you know, you can still keep your .Mac page if you want and just buy a domain and have it point to your mac address. That's what I'm doing right now. I find their hosting to be solid and reliable although byte for byte, I could save some money by getting hosting through one of the big names. They usually don't offer dot mac's seamless syncing/backup capabilities, however.

17. website + chrome + flashing lights = :cool: