1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

youtube questions.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by scorpionldr, May 7, 2010.

1. So as of late I've been looking into ending my youtube lurking and getting better known.

when referring to "better known" I mean I want to get better known not only for blogging/vlogging/reviewing items/showing off musical skills, but I want to actually be able to work my way up the ladder to "youtube fame" as some call it (for all not in the know, 1000+ subscribers turns a regular user into a "youtube celeb"). I was wondering what you guys all thought about this. Considering my 26th b-day came around, I got a new camcorder, so I'm almost set.

Also, does anyone know if you can use the same e-mail address for another account after you've deleted one? The one that I have now must go, as I've outgrown the username (the one I use here).

2. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Banned

Feb 13, 2009
    Western Pennsylvania
    Why not spend your time on something that matters?

3. Because my community is gay and I'm sick of finding 60 year old hipsters who want to play Bruce Springsteen covers and aspire to be the next John Bono's of the world.

Instead of playing pointless open mics that show me nothing new, I may actually want to be known for more than just a stupid bass player that posts on a forum all day long.

Does that help any?

Oh wait, no, it doesn't. I want to be stuck in a crappy job that pays me the wage of an adult child for the rest of my life.

4. DerHoggz

Feb 13, 2009
    Western Pennsylvania
    There are things besides bass.

5. Simo98

Simo98

Jun 18, 2009
    QLD, Australia
    Heracy!

6. just start making videos, you'll get views eventually, and with views come subscribers.

7. thumpbass1

thumpbass1

Jul 4, 2004
    So you live in a community full of older gay men, into hipster culture, who aspire to make a career in music playing Bruce Springsteen covers?:confused:
    Wow. I'd be miserable too.;) It does have the makings for a comedy musical as far as a theme goes.

8. rarbass

rarbass

Jul 3, 2008
    Tell that to this moron.
    Justin-Bieber2.

Your playing will have to be ridiculously good to become a "YouTube Celeb". Either that, or just make a video defending Britney Spears and you'll be set.

9. Are you ABLE to read? Or do you just lack the ability to comprehend the content of sentences written down before you decide to mindlessly post?

The goal was to VLOG. Not STRICTLY about Bass, like you suggest. It was to vlog about my own life/as well as all things music/philosophy related.

Let's begin with the last question I posted, for simplicity and order:

DOES AN E-MAIL ACCOUNT TIED TO A SITE GET BARRED FROM RE-USE IF IT DELETED A PRIOR ACCOUNT?

I have dozens of subscriptions and favorites that I'd rather use my other time on "something that matters" as you said, rather than simply re-applying.
    Indeed, Thumpbass1, it is comedic. Tragically comedic. That WAS the flame for the proverbial fire that I want to start. If I start writing comedy on it, perhaps it could be the beginnings of finding a new scene for me. Thanx.

10. exactly why I don't want to be known for doing just ONE thing.

11. DerHoggz

Feb 13, 2009
    Western Pennsylvania
    I'm just saying that in 5 years, your youtube success most likely won't matter. Why not find a hobby that you enjoy and practice it. I live in a podunk town so I understand where you're coming from, but you should find something more productive.

12. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    This is the most uninspired inspiration I've ever seen.

13. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    +1

You go, YouTube celeb!

14. I understand I should find more hobbies. But I already have too many. Many of them don't provide me with the exposure I'm seeking. There's two things I'm good at: talking (which is not going to do much on some forum, but youtube it can produce explosive results) and Music (which I have the talents, I'm wanting to find the hookups). I'd rather chance the idea that somehow I can produce a check from this video-host of ideas, and get somewhere, even as less of an underground unknown, than throw my dreams of making my own way in the world to the wind and work a futile job with no real room for growth.

There will always be crap to draw in the flies. If youtube dies, dailymotion may become the next hottest flavor. And so on. And so on.

As far as years, "when" is not the question. It sure is the focus, because we have a finite span of time here, but it's not the question. I've always heard from people "Why do ____? Do ____ instead". So, years ago (over a decade), I would naturally listen. But I haven't seen the success I've wanted to draw. So increasingly, I'm finding doing the opposite of people's advice is actually working quite well.

15. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    What aspirations! Enjoy your 15 minutes if you do, indeed, find them.

16. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    On youtube it's 15 seconds and its not paid.

17. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Did I need the sarcastic smiley?

18. relative to the view count it is.

19. Hang on... You want to be a youtube celeb beause your entire community is homosexual? If you can't beat them... :D

20. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

Really? I have 1058 subscribers to my channel and, while that obviously means there's a certain amount of people worldwide that likes what I do, I don't think I'm a YT celebrity.