1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Yowza!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JumboJack, Aug 27, 2012.

1. NicJimBass

NicJimBass Flossin'? I thought your name was Munson!

Nov 22, 2004
    Lancaster, OH
    64 Audio · DR Strings · Source Audio · Hipshot
    Holy crap, he's not being very careful with those basses! About gave me a heart attack every time he spun one around in his hand!

2. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

That dude is like a bull in a china shop! I was just waiting for him to nail a headstock against a shelf!

Cool stuff though....

3. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    At around 1:09 he just lets the one in the gigbag bang into the floor. I do not like this man.

4. NicJimBass

Nov 22, 2004
    Lancaster, OH
    "Oh yeah this is just a custom color 1960's p-bass that we're selling for $12,000, no big deal...." WHUMP! I handle my $300 basses with more care than this!

5. carpcutter

carpcutter

Dec 6, 2010
    DC
    I was ready for him to drop that white P with the matching headstock.

6. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I don't know who this Norm person is, but he needs to get rid of this guy. He's barely Guitar Center material.

7. carpcutter

carpcutter

Dec 6, 2010
    DC
    I watched it a second time and noticed his wedding ring clacking against the necks.

8. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I generally don't watch guitar videos but there's another one with him showing Strats and being just as brutal with them.

9. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    I didnt see a big deal with the way he handled those basses. They handle guitars and basses all the time it's not like they were new born babies..sigh..

10. smcd

smcd

Jun 28, 2009
    Boston, MA
    These basses are not made of glass. Nor are they ancient, holy icons. They're big planks of wood with metal screwed into them. The guy's handling them just fine.

11. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Sure they're solid and pretty resistant to damage, but why not be gentle? There's no good reason to be so heavy handed with them when being gentle is just as easy.

12. king_biscuit

king_biscuit Supporting Member

May 21, 2006
    US
    +1 Everyone take a deep breath :)

13. How was he being brutal? How many times do you see a guy at GC spin a bass to show you it? Have you never done it yourself to check the back? How else are you supposed to turn it over? By putting it back in the case and turning the case over? Guys, they're basses, designed to be PLAYED, not polished every 5 minutes.

14. HaMMerHeD

HaMMerHeD

May 20, 2005
    Norman, OK, USA
    I don't really see the problem, except for a lot of tremendous exaggerations about the way he was handling those things. At any rate...just a bunch of fenders.

15. Yeah I can't see the problem either with how he was handling them. I think he was just trying to hurry to get it all in the video. Instruments are made to be played and handled.

16. NicJimBass

Nov 22, 2004
    Lancaster, OH
    While I agree that instruments are tools and are meant to be played and not babied, I imagine these particular instruments are commanding high prices, and as such, would be treated a little better, lest they get damaged and command less money. I'm not saying he should treat them like museum pieces, but on a couple of those spins, it looked like he could've easily dropped and damaged one.

17. But he didn't. Calm down people, these are just somewhat rare instruments that this guy handles every day. If he dropped them and damaged them he would no longer be employed.

Rick B.