1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Zoom MS-60B announced... at last

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ga_edwards, Apr 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    Finally it's been formally launched with concrete details and specs.

Very, very tempted - could easily replace two or 3 pedals on my already cramped PT Jnr.

http://zoom.co.jp/products/ms-60b/

2. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    Does look cool. Would this replace the B2? It uses fewer simultaneous effects but would seem to be aimed toward someone who likes a patch with multiple effects as opposed to someone who wants the flexibility of turning effects on and off like the B3.

3. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    I think this is aimed at another market altogether. People who already have a pedalboard of stomp boxes but can't justify spending money 2 or 3 extra pedals for maybe just one song in a gig.

for example, I'd quite like the option of having a synth for the couple of muse tracks we do, the occasional octaver (poss two songs in a gig) and even less frequent chorus (sweet child o'mine, and that's about it!). The fact it's also a tuner would end up saving me space on my board.

4. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Considering this is probably going to be 100 bucks and I grabbed a Zoom B3 for 155 new this past week, I would go with the Zoom B3 every time. Easier to switch between settings and patches. Live this thing would be a nightmare if you had to switch patches quickly.

5. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    That's why I was comparing it to the B2. Although, from my brief reading of the release, it looks like you can set up certain patches to cycle through so you can have the ones you want to use available quickly. I agree about the B3. Definitely works better for my uses. I had a B9 previously and always used it in manual mode for the same reason. The limiting factor there was not all types of effects available at the same time (ie: multiple filters or multiple overdirves), which the B3 addresses.

6. FWIW I don't think the MS60B is meant to be a replacement for a B3, but a replacement for a single stomp. All you have to do is find one of your normal Boss, Digitech, EHX or MXR pedals that can be legitimately replaced by a B3 and BAM, you have a full array of tones at your feet in that spot. Perfect for a PTMini, or perhaps someone with a parallel looping board and not much spare space.

7. Totally getting one of these. I'm on the wait list over at Sweetwater.com (nice people).
    I am downsizing my pedalboard even further, from a PT Mini to a PT Nano lol! not a big downsize but my plan is to just have a BDDI, the MS-60B and a G30. I had my Mini pretty full at one time but I don't need as many stomp boxes as I once thought :(
    That and I don't want to tap dance while singing and playing :)

Hopefully this thing is as awesome as the G3 is on guitar! Haven't tried the B3.

8. ima gotta get me one or maybe 2.

9. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Get a B3 for 155 and your get 3, when 2 will cost 200.

10. Zoom pedals are great, the only issue i have is with the noise floor they have. Hopefully this one won't have those issues. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

11. There's a few demo videos on Youtube. Seems like it would be fun. I have a B3 and I will probably pick one of these up to run before it.

12. ryansalmond

ryansalmond

Nov 21, 2007
    Canada
    NO BIT CRUSHER?!?!? NOOOOOOooooo

13. canshaker

canshaker

Dec 15, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Ashdown/ESP/Dunlop/Line 6/Normandy.
    Honored that ZOOM EFFECTS asked me to be a part of the process to create patches for their new MS-60B bass pedal. Even MORE honored that they used 3 of the patches I programmed!
    28 PB Clean
    29 PB Fuzz
    30 PB OlSkool
    [​IMG]

5StringAssassin likes this.
  14. That is awesome Phil! I'll be sure to check out those presets. I usually don't use them lol

15. Aceonbass

Aceonbass Supporting Member Commercial User

Apr 10, 2004
    Parkville,Mo.
    I'm always taking my B3 back and forth from practice to home, so the MS-60B will be nice to have at home with it's tuner and the few effects I actually use, while I leave the B3 at practice. It will also be nice to add to the chain with the B3 (the only pedal I use) for those few times I want more than 3 effects at once (since Zoom apparently isn't listening to our pleas for the same updates they're giving to the G3).

16. Now that I can finally see what all it offers I am more interested in the B3.

17. alainkills

alainkills

Mar 9, 2011
    Tuguegarock
    is this available on u.s. already?

18. Darknut

Darknut

Apr 4, 2009
    One thing for people planning on getting a MS-60B to replace several pedals.
    I have been using the MS-50G for several months now & it is physically is the same as the 60B (the buttons & switches are the same)

Overall the 50G works very well on bass & I planned on replacing 4 pedals with it. Soundwise the 50G worked as planned but "live" it is clucky at best to use.

I went back to multiple pedals & I only use the MS-50G for reverb mostly & autowah on occasion.

That being said I had planned on getting a MS-60B when they came out & prob still will.... but not to replace multiple pedals.

19. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    The pedals I was thinking it could replace are either ones that are always on, or only rarely, rarely used. So using it in a live situation shouldn't pose a problem.

20. Overdrive777

Overdrive777

May 29, 2006
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Endorsing Artist: Mesa/Boogie
    @Darknut: How is the tuner on the 50G?
    My plan in to exchange it for tuner, comp and occasionally phaser.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.