1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Zoom Question Part 1

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by progmanjum, Aug 17, 2012.

1. progmanjum

progmanjum

Feb 17, 2009
    Can you get the Big Muff sound with any of the Zooms?

2. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

Oct 9, 2011
    Singapore
    i hate the big muff sound on the zoom though, it just sounds weird to me the digital distortion. i am using b3

3. For some things analog rules, distortion is one of those situations. I like the amp models to some extent but all of the distortions are useless to me.

4. There's a few big muff sounds on the b3... and compared to most other multis I've tried they're actually decent... nothing will ever beat a dedicated, analog stomp box distortion. I have a bass big muff that I use with my b3 and it has a lot more character than the modeled version, less sterile and more gainy. There's many other great muff clones out there that simply stomp either of these though (wren & cuff models, fuzzrocious grey stache, diy pedals, etc).

In summary, the modeled muff sounds are good, not great. Spend a little extra and get the real thing to go along with your nifty multi effect unit.

5. PlungerModerno

PlungerModerno

Apr 12, 2012
    Ireland
    By B2.1u can do OK muffy sounds... not gonna hang in there vs. the real deal...

If it's what you are after, look out for a used one - or get a new one if you have the dosh (they aren't exorbitant, but they are the favourite fuzz of many with good cause).

Oh and here's some GAS fodder (sorry:bag::D):