1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Zvex Loop Gate

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by yaksonator, Oct 5, 2013.

1. yaksonator

yaksonator Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Branson, MO
    I'm really interested in this pedal. Anyone that's used it, can you compare the fade from what's in the loop to clean to a blendable effects loop with expression pedal?

I know there's a lot more to this pedal but I am VERY interested in the mix function of this pedal. Any experience with it??

The first part of the demo is what I'm referring to.

http://youtu.be/IA1D2Guw9VQ

2. zwkoch

zwkoch You can't do that on bass enthusiast Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Twin Cities, MN
    I just sold mine a few days ago. I used it in my POG2/Reverb/Delay loop. I used it to bring in my pad sound on command, and quickly fade in my clean signal when the bass line needed to start. You have a lot of control over how long the taper takes place. It is a fantastic tool for getting in and out of effects that you want to trail over your clean signal. I even kept my Ditto in the loop and brought loops in and out for one particular set. I only got rid of it because my Blue Sky took over that role in my playing.

3. yaksonator

yaksonator Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Branson, MO
    So if I understand correctly the cross fade only works when there's signal like a looped part being played in the loop. Or self oscillation from a pedal.

4. zwkoch

zwkoch You can't do that on bass enthusiast Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Twin Cities, MN
    Not exactly. Think of the crossfade as a trail from a delay pedal, only any/all effects within the loop will have the trail. Anything you are playing while the loop is active will have the effect applied. Once you bypass the effects loop, your effects will be applied to what you are playing as the clean signal is faded in. There are tons of uses for this function.